Getting into shape doesn’t require expensive gym equipment or fancy classes. All it requires are these 10 simple exercises that you can do right at home. Follow these daily to get in shape fast!
1. Plyometric Push-Ups
- How to do it: Begin in a regular push-up position and lower yourself till your chest almost touches the floor. Go from this position to pushing up as explosively as possible, clapping your hands at the end of the exercise.
2. Jump Squats
- How to do it: Start in a regular standing position, and then do an explosive squat, with your arms and legs extended as you catapult yourself upward. Land softly on two feet in a squat position.
- How to do it: Start off in a standing position and proceed into a squat, with your hands on the floor, and then jump your feet back into a push-up position. Then jump your feet back into your squat and finish off by jumping off the ground.
4. Reverse Crunches
- How to do it: Lie face up on the floor and tilt your feet toward your shoulders. With your arms at your sides, engage your core and use your abdominal muscles to lift your legs up toward the ceiling in a reverse crunch.
- How to do it: Start in a push-up position, elbows slightly bent, and then rest your weight on your forearms and toes. Keep your shoulders, hips, and knees in line while keeping your abs tight.
6. Side Plank
- How to do it: Start off on your side in a straight line, and rest your weight on your forearm. Keep your body in a straight line, stacking your feet one directly on top of the other.
7. Mountain Climbers
- How to do it: Start in a push-up position and quickly alternate between bringing your knees in toward your chest. Keep a quick, but comfortable pace and make sure to keep your core tight the whole time.
- How to do it: Start in a comfortable standing position and then lunge forward by bending your back knee and lowering your body until your front thigh is parallel to the floor. Then, push yourself back to the starting position and repeat with the other leg.
9. Jumping Jacks
- How to do it: Start in a standing position with your feet together, and your arms at your sides. Then, simultaneously move your feet out to the sides, and raise your arms above your head. Remember to keep a straight torso, and then bring your feet back to their starting position.
10. Band Walks
- How to do it: Put a resistance band around your ankles and walk sideways while keeping your feet spread apart. Focus on engaging your core and keeping your torso upright. Do as many steps as you can, and then repeat in the other direction.
Incorporating these 10 simple exercises into your daily routine will get you in shape fast. Be sure to take rest days and listen to your body’s cues to avoid injury.
What exercises can I do to get in shape quickly?
1. Jumping jacks
6. Mountain climbers
8. Russian twists
9. Spider crawls
10. High-knees sprints
What kind of diet should I follow to get in shape quickly?
The best diet for quickly getting in shape is one that involves healthy eating habits and a balanced mix of proteins, carbohydrates, and fats. Focus on eating whole foods such as lean proteins, fruits and vegetables, legumes, and healthy grains. Avoid processed and refined foods like white bread and sugar-sweetened beverages. Incorporate physical activity into your daily routine and ensure that you get enough sleep.
What are the best exercises to get in shape quickly?
1. Squats: Squats help strengthen the leg muscles and work the core as well. They are a great exercise to do to get into shape quickly.
2. Lunges: Lunges help to build balance and stability, while isometrically working on the lower body. They are a great exercise to do to burn calories and tone the body.
3. Push-Ups: Push-Ups are a classic exercise for targeting the chest, shoulders, and triceps. They’re a great exercise to get in shape quickly because they’re easy to modify and adjust to your individual fitness level.
4. Burpees: Burpees are definitely one of the most popular exercises for getting in shape quickly. Not only do they give you a full-body workout, but they also can help you burn calories faster.
5. Jumping Jacks: Jumping jacks are a great exercise for increasing your heart rate and burning calories. They also help develop coordination, balance, and muscle tone.
6. Planks: Planks are one of the best exercises to strengthen the core, while also targeting the back, shoulders, and chest. They help improve posture and balance, while also increasing core stability.
7. Mountain Climbers: Mountain climbers are another great exercise that work the entire body. They helps burn calories quickly, while also strengthening the arms, legs, and core.
8. High Knees: High knees are a great exercise for burning calories and improving mobility. They also help strengthen the core, increase flexibility, and improve balance.