Working out at home can be just as beneficial as attending a gym. If you’re looking for ways to step up your at home workouts, here are 10 simple tips to get the most out of your regimen:
1. Master Your Form
Your form is essential for achieving maximum results—especially if you are using weights. Make sure that you understand the proper technique for each exercise before trying anything that is challenging.
2. High Intensity Interval Training
- If you are looking to make the most of your time, try to incorporate some high intensity interval training into your routine.
- HIIT is a style of exercise in which you alternate short bursts of activity with short rest periods.
3. Mix It Up
- Doing the same workouts, day after day can get old quickly. Change it up and add some variety to your regimen, by incorporating different types of exercises like strength-training, cardio, and stretching.
- Not only will you keep from getting bored, but your body will thank you for the variety as well.
4. Set Goals
- Having a goal can help keep you motivated, so set one and start working towards it!
- Your goal could be anything from completing a certain number of reps, to running a certain distance or lifting a certain amount of weight.
5. Find a Workout Buddy
- Exercising with a friend can be fun and motivating, so find someone to workout with (either in-person or virtually).
- Having an accountability partner will help you stay on track and help keep your enthusiasm high.
- Working up a sweat can leave you feeling dehydrated. Make sure that you are drinking plenty of water to stay hydrated and keep your energy levels up.
- You should also aim to get 8 hours of sleep per night for optimal energy and recovery.
- Before jumping into a workout, make sure that you are adequately prepared.
- This includes not just having the proper equipment, but also making sure that you have a clear idea of what your workout will involve and having the proper playlist ready.
8. Listen to Your Body
- Don’t overdo it. Your body will usually tell you when it’s time to take a break, so be sure to listen to it.
- If you start to experience pain or fatigue, take a break and adjust your routine accordingly.
9. Take Rest Days
- It’s important to take regular rest days in order to allow your body to recover from the workout.
- Allowing your body a break will help to prevent injuries and help you come back stronger for the next workout.
10. Have Fun
- At the end of the day, remember to have fun and enjoy yourself.
- The more enjoyable you find the process, the more likely you are to stick with it and achieve the results you are looking for!
By following these steps, you will be sure to supercharge your at-home workouts and achieve your fitness goals.
What exercises can I do at home without equipment?
5. Wall Sit
8. Mountain Climbers
9. Single leg glute bridges
10. Glute kickbacks
11. Calf raises
12. Tricep dips
13. Chair dips
14. Core rotations
15. Russian twists
16. Jumping jacks
17. High knees
18. Arm circles
19. Leg lifts
20. Lateral jumps
What exercises can I do at home when I don’t have access to weights?
1. Bodyweight Squats – these are a great way to develop leg strength and muscular endurance.
2. Push-Ups – this classic exercise uses your own body weight to engage your chest, shoulders, arms, and core muscles.
3. Lunges – great for targeting your legs and glutes. They also help correct any muscular imbalances.
4. Planks – this is a great way to strengthen your core muscles and improve your posture.
5. Burpees – these are a great full-body challenge and will get your heart rate up quickly.
6. Jumping Jacks – cardio and core exercises in one, this classic move tones your arms as well.
7. Mountain Climbers – this challenging move targets your core, legs and arms and will get your heart rate up in no time.
What bodyweight exercises can I do at home?
1. Push Ups
5. Jumping Jacks
7. Step Ups
8. Mountain Climbers
9. Reverse Squats
10. Single Leg Glute Bridges
11. Tricep Dips
13. Glute Bridges
14. Squat Jumps
15. Prone Snow Angels
16. Calf Raises
17. Scissor Kicks
18. Glute Kickbacks
19. Chair Dips
20. Plank Jacks
What equipment do I need for bodyweight exercises at home?
-Balance board or disc
-Exercise steps or bench
What types of bodyweight exercises can I do at home?
5. Mountain Climbers
9. Jumping Jacks
10. Glute Bridges
11. Atlas Sit-Ups
12. Single-Leg Deadlifts
13. Hand Walks
14. High Knees
15. Russian Twists
16. Chair Tricep Dips
17. Donkey Kicks
19. Core Rotations
20. Jumping Lunges
What are some examples of bodyweight exercises I can do at home?
5. Russian twists
6. Single-leg deadlifts
7. Triceps dips
8. Mountain climbers
10. Jumping jacks