Having healthy, glowing skin does not need to be complicated. Here are five easy steps that you can take to improve your skin health and promote better skin glow.
1. Properly Hydrate
Staying properly hydrated helps skin become more vibrant, supple, and youthful looking.
- Drink plenty of water. Aim for 8 glasses per day.
- Eat hydrating foods. Fruits and vegetables with high water content such as watermelon and cucumber can help keep you hydrated.
- Skip dehydrating beverages. Beverages such as soda, caffeine, and alcohol can quickly dehydrate our bodies.
2. Get Plenty of Sleep
Getting plenty of sleep helps keep skin looking vibrant and youthful.
- Set a consistent sleep schedule. Get your body used to a regular sleep pattern.
- Avoid screens before bed. The blue light from televisions and other electronic devices can disrupt our natural sleep pattern.
- Create a comfortable environment. Make sure that your bedroom is not too hot, cold, or brightly lit.
3. Protect Your Skin From the Sun
Too much sun exposure can cause damage to your skin.
- Wear sun protective clothing. Look for clothing labeled with a UPF rating.
- Apply sunscreen liberally. Apply a broad spectrum SPF 30 or greater and reapply every 2 hours.
- Limit your exposure. Avoid sun exposure between 10 am and 2 pm when the sun is at its strongest.
4. Exfoliate Regularly
Exfoliating helps remove dead skin cells and leave skin looking fresh and smooth.
- Use a mild exfoliator. Choose one with natural ingredients such as oatmeal, rice flour, or sugar.
- Don’t over-exfoliate. Scrubbing too frequently can irritate and dry out skin.
- Hydrate after exfoliation. Follow exfoliation with a generous application of moisturizer.
5. Nourish Your Skin from the Inside
Eating the right foods can help promote skin health from the inside out.
- Eat antioxidant rich fruits and vegetables. Foods such as blueberries, spinach, and citrus fruits are all high in antioxidants that can help protect skin from damage.
- Consume healthy fats. Foods such as avocados, olive oil, and nuts are all good sources of healthy fats that can help keep skin plump and moisturized.
- Get your essential vitamins. Eating foods rich in essential vitamins such as Vitamin A, E, and C can help maintain the health and vibrancy of your skin.
By following these five easy steps, you can help improve your skin health and naturally promote a healthy glow.
What foods help improve skin health?
1. Salmon: Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins A and D, and antioxidants, wild salmon helps keep the skin nourished, hydrated, and healthy.
2. Avocados: Loaded with antioxidants and essential fatty acids, avocados help fight signs of aging and reduce inflammation associated with skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
3. Sweet Potatoes: Loaded with beta-carotene, sweet potatoes are ideal for fighting wrinkles, dark spots, and blemishes.
4. Kale: This superfood is packed with vitamins A, C, and K, as well as other minerals, which helps to keep skin glowing and refreshed.
5. Berries: Blueberries and raspberries are high in vitamin C and other antioxidants, which can help fight the free radicals that can age your skin.
6. Nuts: Almonds, walnuts, and other nuts provide essential fatty acids that can help keep your skin hydrated and protect against environmental pollutants.
7. Green Tea: Packed with antioxidants, green tea can help reduce oxidative stress and inflammation, while providing important vitamins and minerals.
What vitamins are good for skin health?
Vitamins that are helpful for skin health include vitamin A, vitamin B3 (niacin), vitamin C, vitamin D, vitamin E, and vitamin K. Additionally, omega-3 fatty acids and zinc can also be beneficial for skin health.
What vitamins help reduce wrinkles?
The best vitamins and minerals for reducing wrinkles are vitamins A, C, E, and K, MSM, and hyaluronic acid. They work by increasing collagen and elastin production, repairing skin damage, and hydrating skin to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
What are some natural remedies for wrinkles?
1. Coconut oil: This miracle oil is known for its antioxidant and hydrating properties. You can apply a small amount to your face and neck area and massage it in for several minutes.
2. Aloe vera: The gel from the aloe vera plant is loaded with nutrients that helps regenerate the skin cells. Simply apply the gel onto the affected area and leave it be for fifteen minutes before washing it off.
3. Lemon: Lemons also have antioxidant and hydrating effects on the skin. Create a face mask by mixing lemon juice, honey and yogurt.
4. Tomato: Tomatoes are another amazing source of Vitamin A, which can improve the skin’s natural glow. Create a mask by blending equal parts tomato paste, honey and yogurt.
5. Honey: Honey has skin-nourishing properties, making it a great natural remedy for wrinkles. Combine equal parts honey and olive oil and apply it to the skin.