Working women juggle career and family, leaving little time for themselves. But remember, our health is our wealth! Here are five essential health tips to keep busy working women in tip-top shape:
1. Exercise Regularly
Regular exercise will not only improve mental and physical wellbeing, but can also help keep stress under control. If time is an issue, try breaking your exercise routine into smaller chunks by going for walks during your lunch break or even just doing short bursts of physical activity (e.g. jumping jacks, stretching, etc.) throughout the day.
2. Eat a Balanced Diet
It’s important to feed your body with the right nutrients to stay energized, fight disease and stay healthy. Eat plenty of fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins. In between meals, include healthy snacks such as nuts, yogurt, or a fruit smoothie.
3. Stay Hydrated
It’s essential to stay hydrated to maintain physical and mental performance. Aim to drink at least two liters of water a day. If plain water is getting boring, try adding natural spices like ginger, mint and/or lemon.
4. Get Enough Sleep
When it comes to our health, getting enough sleep is key for keeping both brain and body functioning at a high level. Try to get at least seven to eight hours of sleep a night. If needed, take a power nap during the day.
5. Make Time for Self-Care
Women often prioritize others over themselves. Make sure that you are taking care of yourself as well – remember to:
- Schedule “me-time” periodically. Whether it’s taking a hot bath or going for a walk, make sure to SELF-care every day.
- Meditate. Meditation decreases stress, increases focus, and raises self-awareness.
- Spend time with friends. Foster meaningful relationships that energize and bring joy.
Busy working women can more effectively juggle their lives if their health is taken into account. With these five essential health tips, you’re on your way to becoming a well-balanced, happy and successful woman!
What tips can busy working women do to stay healthy?
1. Make time for exercise: Even if it’s as little as 10 minutes a day, find a way to get your heart rate up. Strength training, jogging, and HIIT can all be beneficial to a busy working woman’s health.
2. Invest in your nutrition: Prioritizing healthy meals is key for maintaining a balanced lifestyle. Meal prepping is a great way to ensure you’re eating nutritious, balanced meals throughout the week.
3. Get enough rest: Aim for 8 hours of sleep each night to maximize productivity, while allowing your body to recover and rest.
4. Drink plenty of water: Keep a water bottle at your desk, or have it at hand throughout the day to stay hydrated and energized.
5. Take breaks throughout the day: Working nonstop isn’t conducive to good health, so take periodic breaks to refresh both body and mind.
6. Give yourself space: Carve out time in your day or week to relax or pursue activities that make you feel good. This could mean yoga, reading, or catching up with friends.
What foods should busy working women eat to stay healthy?
1. Lean proteins, such as fish, poultry, beans, or tofu.
2. Whole Grains such as oats, quinoa, bulgur wheat, or brown rice.
3. Fruits and Vegetables for vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
4. Nuts and Seeds for healthy fats and proteins.
5. Dairy such as yogurt, cheese, or milk for calcium and other nutrients.
6. Healthy Fats such as avocados, olive oil, and nut butters.
7. Water to stay hydrated and flush out toxins.
What foods should busy working women eat for breakfast to stay healthy?
1. Overnight oatmeal – easy to prepare the night before and customize with your favorite fruits and nuts.
2. Whole wheat toast with avocado – high in healthy fats and protein, this will keep you feeling fueled through the morning.
3. Smoothies – blend up a smoothie with your favorite milk, fruit, and some protein powder for a healthy and energizing breakfast.
4. Greek yogurt with fruit and nuts – full of calcium and protein to keep you satisfied.
5. Egg and veggie scramble – scramble an egg in a lightly oiled pan with some vegetables for an easy and nutritious breakfast.
What foods are good for a quick and healthy breakfast for working women?
1. Overnight Oats – Oats are high in fiber and protein, making them a satisfying breakfast for busy mornings.
2. Greek Yogurt Parfait – High in protein and calcium, this quick breakfast will keep you full until lunchtime.
3. Avocado Toast – This simple breakfast is high in healthy fats and fiber and can be easily be customized to your personal taste.
4. Egg Muffins – Egg muffins are a great, portable option that can be prepped ahead of time for busy mornings.
5. Smoothies – This can be a great way to fill up quickly and get plenty of vitamins and minerals. Add a scoop of protein powder for an even bigger boost.
What are some examples of healthy breakfast recipes for busy work days?
1. Overnight Oats: Combine 1/3 cup oats, 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt, 1/3 cup milk, 2 tablespoons honey, 2 tablespoons of your favorite chopped nuts and a pinch of salt in a jar. Leave overnight in the refrigerator and enjoy in the morning.
2. Egg-Stuffed Avocado: Cut an avocado in half, and scoop out the seeds. Crack an egg into the center of each half. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the avocados on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven at 375F for 15-20 minutes.
3. Peanut Butter and Banana Toast: Toast 1 piece of whole grain bread. Spread with 1 tablespoon of all-natural peanut butter. Top with half a sliced banana.
4. High-Protein Smoothie: In a blender, combine 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1 banana, 1 tablespoon almond butter, and 1 teaspoon chia seeds. Blend until smooth.
5. Yogurt Parfait: Layer 1 cup plain Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup granola and 1/4 cup diced fresh fruit in a bowl. Spoon over a little honey or agave nectar, if desired, and enjoy.