Having healthy and glowing skin is something many of us strive for. Fortunately, there are simple and natural skincare routines that can help you achieve this. Here are five easy routines that will give your skin a natural and healthy glow:
1. Choose The Right Cleanser
We often forget how important it is to choose the right cleanser for our skin type. Choosing a natural cleanser that is suitable for your skin type can help reduce breakouts and clear away any dirt and debris. If you struggle to find the right cleanser, you can speak to a skin specialist to help you get the perfect fit.
2. Exfoliate Regularly
Exfoliating your skin helps remove any dead skin cells, which can make your skin look dull and dry. This can be done naturally with ingredients like baking soda and honey, or by using a face scrub specifically formulated for exfoliation. Try to do this two to three times per week for best results.
3. Keep Hydrated
Keeping your skin hydrated is essential to keeping your skin looking and feeling healthy and glowing. Drinking plenty of water and applying a natural, moisture-rich moisturiser can help to keep your skin hydrated and free from dry patches and wrinkles.
4. Apply a Mask
Applying a homemade face mask once or twice a week can be very beneficial for your skin. There are plenty of natural ingredients that can help give your skin a bright and glowing look. You can find recipes for various masks online, or you can create your own with ingredients like honey, almond oil, turmeric and yogurt.
5. Protect Your Skin From the Sun
Protecting your skin from the sun’s UV rays is essential if you want to keep it healthy and glowing. Make sure you use an SPF 30 or higher daily, even on cloudy days. You can also opt for a higher factor if you spend more time outdoors. Combining this with a hat, sunglasses and light clothing will help protect your skin even more.
Following these five natural skincare routines will help keep your skin looking healthy, clear and glowing. Keep in mind that everyone’s skin is different and you may need to make modifications to your routine as needed to fit your skin type. With a bit of effort and the right products, you can make sure your skin is looking its best.
What are the best natural ingredients to use in a skincare routine?
1. Aloe Vera
2. Tea Tree Oil
3. Coconut Oil
4. Avocado Oil
6. Argan Oil
7. Jojoba Oil
8. Shea Butter
9. Apple Cider Vinegar
10. Rosehip Oil
What ingredients should be avoided in a natural skincare routine?
1. Parabens – These are artificial preservatives found in many skin care products and are believed to be endocrine disruptors that could lead to skin irritation and allergies.
2. Phthalates – These are a type of chemical plasticizer that’s used in a variety of products, including skincare, to help increase their softness, flexibility, and durability. There is evidence that connects them to hormone disruption, reproduction issues, and other serious health problems.
3. Formaldehyde – This preservative is commonly found in a range of cosmetic and personal care products, such as hair care and facial treatments. It can cause skin irritation, allergies, and certain types of cancer.
4. Synthetic Colors and Fragrances – Many skincare products contain synthetic colorants and fragrances, which are made from petroleum-based chemicals and can trigger skin allergies and other reactions.
5. Alcohol – Many skincare products contain alcohol, which can be drying and irritating to your skin. Therefore, it’s best to avoid products that contain high amounts of this ingredient.
6. mineral oils – Also known as petroleum jelly, mineral oils are often found in moisturizers, lip balms, and other skincare products, but they can be occlusive and clog pores, leading to skin irritation and breakouts.
What natural ingredients are good for skincare routines?
1. Aloe Vera: Helps hydrate, soothe, and nourish skin.
2. Jojoba Oil: A natural moisturizer rich in vitamins and minerals that helps balance the skin’s natural oils and soothe inflammation.
3. Manuka Honey: An antioxidant-rich, nourishing honey that helps heal and protect skin.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar: Contains malic and lactic acid which fight bacteria and help reduce acne.
5. Coconut Oil: Soothing, nourishing, and helps prevent moisture loss.
6. Green Tea: Full of powerful antioxidants, anti-inflammatory agents, and catechins to detoxify, protect and energize skin.
7. Avocado Oil: A rich source of essential fatty acids, vitamins, and antioxidants that helps rejuvenate and strengthen skin.
8. Tea Tree Oil: Contains anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-microbial properties to reduce acne and help heal skin.
9. Turmeric: A potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory that can help even skin complexion and reduce redness.
10. Honey: Natural humectant that helps keep skin soft, smooth and supple.
What vitamins are good for skincare?
1. Vitamin C: helps boost collagen production, reduce wrinkles and even out skin tone.
2. Vitamin E: helps protect skin from sun damage and improve hydration.
3. Vitamin A: helps increase cell turnover, reduce wrinkles and soften skin.
4. B Vitamins: help reduce signs of aging, reduce inflammation, and promote cell growth.
5. Vitamin D: helps protect skin from sun damage, as well as reduce acne symptoms.