For most, the beginning of 2021 is a time to reassess our health, wellness and beauty routines. While it is tempting to invest in the latest beauty hypes, the best way to beautiful, glowing and healthy skin is to focus on the basics. Here are 5 easy tips to maintain good skin health in 2021:
1. Cleanse and Moisturize Twice Daily
Cleanse your face twice a day with a gentle, non-drying cleanser — once in the morning, and then again in the evening. Make sure to pick a cleanser that is designed for your skin type! Once you’ve cleansed, follow up with a moisturizer to help lock in hydration – this will help strengthen the skin’s barrier, leaving it better protected against the daily environmental aggressors.
2. Sun Protection
Sunscreen is the single most important product you should use every day— regardless of the season. Make sure to pick a mineral sunscreen that contains at least SPF 30, and reapply every two hours. This will help protect your skin from premature aging and hyperpigmentation, as well as decrease your risk of developing skin cancer.
3. Eat Clean and Stay Hydrated
No skin care routine is complete without focusing on your diet. Eating nutritious and varied meals, limiting processed foods and staying hydrated will do wonders for your skin. Aim to drink lots of water to keep your skin looking hydrated and healthy.
4. Get Adequate Sleep
Getting enough sleep is essential for skin health. Aim for 8 hours of quality sleep every night and your skin will thank you for it. Proper sleep helps regulate hormone levels, increases collagen production and boosts circulation.
5. Regularly Exfoliate
Exfoliating is critical for removing dead skin cells, unclogging pores, and decreasing breakouts. As a general rule of thumb, aim for exfoliating about twice a week. This will help improve the skin’s texture and create a natural, glowing complexion.
There you have it! Your 5 key tips for healthy and glowing skin this 2021! Remember to focus on the basics, and you will be sure to see stunning results in no time.
What essential oils are good for skin care in 2021?
1. Lavender Essential Oil: Lavender is known to be extremely calming and healing for the skin, making it an excellent choice for sensitive skin and skin prone to inflammation.
2. Tea Tree Oil: Tea tree oil has extraordinary anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties that make it useful in dealing with all sorts of skin problems.
3. Frankincense Essential Oil: Frankincense oil is calming and helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles, while also helping to repair skin tissue, even out skin tone and reduce redness.
4. Rosehip Seed Oil: Rosehip seed oil is rich in Vitamin A which has been linked to reducing wrinkles, fighting sun damage, and aiding in skin regeneration.
5. Geranium Essential Oil: Geranium essential oil helps to nourish and protect the skin, tighten and tone, and reduce the appearance of scarring.
6. Jojoba Oil: Jojoba oil is an excellent choice for all skin types, from oily to combination as it helps to balance natural oil production. It’s lightweight and very moisturizing, which makes it a great option for those with dry skin.
What essential oils are beneficial for anti-aging skin care?
Some essential oils that are beneficial for anti-aging skin care include:
1. Lavender oil
2. Rosemary oil
3. Geranium oil
4. Frankincense oil
5. Cypress oil
6. Ylang Ylang oil
7. Clary sage oil
8. Sandalwood oil
9. Lemon oil
10. Patchouli oil
What essential oils are good for wrinkles?
The best essential oils for wrinkles are:
• Rosehip oil
• Frankincense oil
• Pomegranate seed oil
• Lavender oil
• Geranium oil
• Rosemary oil
• Carrot seed oil
• Cypress oil
• Patchouli oil
• Ylang Ylang Oil
What essential oils are best for treating wrinkles around the eyes?
1. Rosehip seed oil
2. Geranium oil
3. Lavender oil
4. Carrot seed oil
5. Frankincense oil
6. Neroli oil
7. Sandalwood oil
8. Myrrh oil
9. Clary sage oil
10. Helichrysum oil
What essential oils are best for reducing crow’s feet?
Some essential oils that may help reduce the appearance of crow’s feet include:
• Rosehip seed oil
• Calendula oil
• Castor oil
• Argan oil
• Refined camelina oil
• Rosehip seed oil
• Evening primrose oil
• Frankincense oil
• Jojoba oil
• Sea buckthorn oil
• Almond oil
• Coconut oil
What causes crow’s feet?
Crow’s feet, or the wrinkles at the corners of the eyes, are caused by a combination of genetics, sun damage, smoking, and repetitive facial expressions, such as squinting or smiling. Over time, collagen and elastic weaken and the skin can no longer “snap back” in place, so wrinkles begin to form as a result.
What is the best way to treat crow’s feet?
The best way to treat crow’s feet depends on the severity of the wrinkles. For mild cases, over-the-counter products containing retinoids, peptides and hyaluronic acid can help reduce the appearance over time. For more severe cases, professional treatments such as Botox injections and laser treatments may be necessary to reduce the appearance of crow’s feet.