Summer is here! That also means its time to take extra special care of your skin to keep it healthy in the harsh weather conditions. Here are five simple skincare tips to help your skin look and feel amazing:
1. Stay Hydrated
Make sure to stay hydrated in hot summer weather by drinking plenty of water throughout the day. Staying hydrated helps to keep your skin feeling supple and prevents it from becoming dry and dull.
2. Wear Sunscreen
Apply a broad spectrum sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher to protect your skin from the harmful UV rays of the sun. This will help to prevent sunburns, wrinkles, and other skin damage.
3. Use a Lightweight Moisturizer
Choose a lightweight, oil-free moisturizer which won’t clog your pores and will keep your skin hydrated throughout the day.
4. Avoid Harsh Cleansers
Stay away from harsh cleansers containing ingredients like alcohol and sulfates which can be very drying and irritating to your skin. Instead, opt for gentle and natural cleansers which don’t strip away natural oils and maintain your skin’s natural balance.
5. Exfoliate Regularly
It’s important to regularly exfoliate your skin in order to remove all the surface dirt, oil, and buildup that can cause breakouts and dull your complexion. Choose a gentle exfoliant which won’t be too harsh and will help get rid of dead skin cells, revealing glowing, healthy skin.
Lastly, don’t forget to treat yourself to a facial every now and then! Facials are an excellent way to give your skin the extra TLC it needs, and can be tailored to your specific skin type and needs.
Follow these five tips and your skin will thank you with a healthy, glowing complexion all summer long!
What products should I use for glowing skin in summer?
1. Sunscreen: Having a good sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher is key to keep your skin looking and feeling healthy in the summer. Make sure to re-apply every 2-3 hours, or more often if you’re in and out of the water.
2. Exfoliator: Exfoliation helps to remove dead skin cells on the surface of your skin, allowing newer cells to shine through, leading to a brighter, smoother complexion.
3. An Intensive Facial Mask: Since the summer can be dehydrating, an intensive mask can help boost skin hydration levels and bring some life back into your skin.
4. Lightweight Moisturizer: A lightweight moisturizer with hyaluronic acid can help add moisture to your skin without feeling heavy or greasy.
5. Brightening Serum: If you want to brighten your complexion, look for a brightening serum with ingredients like vitamin C or kojic acid. These ingredients can help even out the skin tone, reduce the appearance of dark spots, and give you a glowing, radiant complexion.
What are the best products for glowing skin in summer?
1. Sunscreen: A broad-spectrum sunscreen is essential in helping protect your skin from UV rays, the primary cause of wrinkles and premature aging.
2. Facial Serum: Adding a serum to your regular skincare routine in the summer will help keep skin hydrated, plump and glowing. Look for serums that contain antioxidants like vitamin C and E, plus hyaluronic acid to draw moisture into the skin.
3. Moisturizer with SPF: Many moisturizers formulated for summer skincare contain SPF. Find one that provides a minimum of SPF 30, and if you plan to spend a lot of time outside in the sun, look for one with broad spectrum SPF 50 or higher.
4. Brightening Cream: Brightening creams can help even out skin tone, diminish the appearance of dark spots and leave skin more luminous. Look for natural brightening extracts like turmeric, licorice root and kojic acid.
5. Exfoliator: Exfoliators remove dead skin cells from your face and body, giving skin an instant brighter and more glowing look. Use gently to avoid irritating the skin. Otherwise, go heavier on the exfoliation in the summer, when skin can take a bit more abuse.
6. Sheet Masks: These super hydrating and nourishing masks are a great way to keep your skin soft and radiant in the summer. Look for masks loaded with antioxidants and hydrating ingredients. Not only will this make your skin look brighter and healthier, but it can also help protect it from the sun’s rays.
What are the best moisturizers for glowing skin in summer?
1. Aveeno Positively Radiant Brightening Daily Moisturizer
2. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Moisturizer
3. Clinique Moisture Surge 72-Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator
4. CeraVe Daily Hydrating Hyaluronic Acid Face Moisturizer
5. Drunk Elephant Beste No. 9 Jelly Cleanser
6. Glow Recipe Banana Souffle Ultra-Moisturizing Cream
7. Mario Badescu Hyaluronic Cream Moisturizer
8. Tatcha The Water Cream
9. Ren Clean Skincare Evercalm Global Protection Day Cream
10. L’OREAL Paris Hydra Genius Daily Liquid Care Normal/Oily Skin
What are the benefits of using moisturizers for glowing skin in summer?
1. Hydrate and Moisturize Skin: One of the primary benefits of using a moisturizer is that it helps to hydrate and moisturize your skin. By preventing your skin from losing moisture, it will remain healthy and well-hydrated, leading to a natural and healthy glow.
2. Protection Against Sun Damage: Moisturizers also provide protection against sun damage. Sun damage can cause dryness and premature aging, so using a moisturizer that contains sunscreen helps to protect your skin from further damage.
3. Maintain Skin Tone: Regular use of moisturizers provides your skin with nourishment and helps to maintain your skin’s natural tone and brightness. The use of SPF inhibitors can also help to reduce the appearance of dark spots and hyperpigmentation by blocking UV rays from penetrating your skin.
4. Reduce Skin Inflammation: Moisturizers can also help to reduce skin inflammation, which is especially necessary during the summer months, when your skin is exposed to higher temperatures. By reducing inflammation, your skin will look healthier and more vibrant.
5. Promote Healing: In addition, moisturizers can promote healing, which is essential during the summer months when your skin is more prone to damage due to sun, wind, and other environmental factors. Moisturizers can also help repair damage caused by excessive sun exposure, thus helping to keep your skin looking brighter and healthier.