Tips for Regular Exercise Motivation
Getting and staying motivated to exercise regularly can be a challenge for even the most active of people. The good news is, with just a few small changes, it’s easier than ever to make exercise part of your routine. Here are 5 tips for getting motivated to exercise regularly:
1. Set realistic goals
When starting a new fitness routine, don’t set yourself up for failure by making unrealistic goals. Start with small, attainable goals that can easily be reached – even if it’s simply setting aside 15 minutes a day for a walk or stretching. Once the goals are met, the desire and motivation to exercise regularly will come much easier.
2. Make it a priority
Make exercise a priority and stick to it. Schedule regular workout times, even if it’s just five to ten minutes a day, and stick to it. Making it a priority makes it easier to fit exercise into your life, rather than seeing it as something extra to do.
3. Get a buddy
Working out with a friend or family member can help to not only keep you accountable and motivated, but it can make exercise more enjoyable. Finding an activity both of you can enjoy and look forward to makes regular exercise much easier.
4. Find activities you enjoy
Think outside the box when it comes to exercise. Not everyone likes to go to the gym and lift weights. Choose activities that will keep you excited about exercising such as hiking, biking, swimming or dancing.
5. Reframe the way you think
The key to getting and staying motivated to exercise regularly is to reframe the way you think about exercise. Instead of looking at it as a chore or something that needs to get done, focus on the positives such as how it makes you feel after and the endorphins it releases. Focusing on the bigger picture often helps with motivation.
Exercising regularly doesn’t have to be a chore. With these five tips, it can easily become an integral part of your life and something you look forward to. By setting realistic goals, making it a priority, finding a buddy, discovering activities you enjoy, and reframing the way you think about exercise, you’ll be well on your way to feeling and looking your best.
What are the best exercises to motivate yourself to exercise?
1. Take a walk: Taking a walk can be an excellent way to get motivated to exercise. The fresh air and outdoor environment can be very energizing and help give you the motivation to keep going.
2. Find a workout buddy: Having a workout buddy or accountability partner can help to keep you motivated and accountable to stick with a regular exercise routine.
3. Listen to upbeat music while exercising: Research has shown that listening to upbeat music while exercising can help increase your energy and motivation to keep going.
4. Set achievable goals: Setting realistic and achievable goals can be an effective way to motivate yourself to exercise. Try to set attainable weekly or monthly goals and track your progress. This can help to keep you focused and motivated to continue to work out and make progress.
5. Try new activities: If you find that you’re bored of the same exercises you typically do, try changing it up and finding something new. Trying something new can help prevent you from getting bored and can motivate you to keep going.
What activities can be done to motivate yourself to exercise?
1. Set achievable daily or weekly goals and reward yourself when you reach them.
2. Sign up for a fitness or running class to add structure to your routine.
3. Don’t be afraid to switch up your routine; there are countless different types of exercise, try something new each week or month.
4. Ask a friend to join you and hold you accountable if you don’t show up.
5. Listen to upbeat music while you exercise to help you stay motivated and energized.
6. Find an activity you enjoy and make it your own; by taking ownership of how you exercise, you’ll be more likely to stick to it.
7. Make exercise a social event with a group of friends.
8. Join a gym and surround yourself with like-minded people and positive energy.
9. Visualize how you want to look after reaching your fitness goals.
10. Treat yourself to new workout gear every now and then.
What type of exercises should I do to stay motivated?
1. Cardiovascular exercises like running, cycling, swimming, jumping rope, and rowing.
2. Strength and resistance exercises like weight lifting, body weight exercises, and using resistance bands.
3. High-intensity interval training (HIIT) workouts.
4. Yoga and Pilates for flexibility and balance.
5. Mind-body exercises like tai chi and qigong.
6. Sports drills and activities like basketball, soccer, and tennis.
7. Recreational activities like hiking, rock climbing, or surfing.
What are some good motivation tips for exercising?
1. Set realistic and achievable goals. Think of the long term, and break it into manageable chunks.
2. Create a plan and stick to it. Make sure to make time for exercise as part of your daily routine.
3. Find an exercise buddy. Having someone to exercise with you can keep you more motivated, help support and provide accountability.
4. Find something you enjoy doing. Try different activities until you find something you’re passionate about.
5. Track your progress. Keep track of the time you’re exercising and the goals your reaching. Use this to stay encouraged and motivated.
6. Reward yourself. Positive reinforcement can act as a great motivator. Schedule incentives after reaching milestones or goals.
7. Stay in the moment. Focus on staying in the moment and channeling positive energy by focusing on the physical and emotional benefits that come with exercise.
8. Choose the right playlist. Create a list of your favorite tunes to help keep you motivated and energized throughout your workout.