If you’re feeling unmotivated with your current fitness routine, or like you could use a change in your daily exercise habits, here’s five tips to help you get back on track!
1. Set Goals
The best way to start is to set realistic and attainable goals. Make sure each goal is specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and timely (SMART) so that it serves as an effective guide.
2. Break Up Your Workouts
If you’re feeling overwhelmed, break up your workouts into smaller, more manageable pieces. Consider doing 20-minute workouts and if you’re feeling really motivated, break each session down into just 10 minutes.
3. Change Up Your Exercises
It’s easy to become bored doing the same exercises over and over again. Try switching it up by introducing new exercises, different weights, or new machines to use. This will help to keep your mind and body engaged and motivated.
4. Reward Yourself
Give yourself rewards each time you reach certain milestones related to your goals. Whether it’s a massage, a new outfit, or a night out with your friends, set a reward for yourself for when you hit each goal.
5. Make it Fun!
If you don’t enjoy your workouts, you won’t stay consistent or motivated. Try the following:
- Try a New Class – try a new class such as Pilates, kickboxing, or dance classes.
- Exercise with Friends – Exercise with friends or family who have similar goals.
- Listen to Music – Create a playlist of your favorite songs for an added boost of motivation.
Making your workouts fun and rewarding will help to keep you motivated in the long-term. The five tips above can help you to stay motivated and get back on track to reaching your fitness goals.
What exercises can I do to recharge my fitness routine?
1. Plyometric Exercises: Squat Jumps, Box Jumps, Burpees, Plyo Pushups
2. High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT): Alternating sprints and jogging, Jump Rope, Alternating Bodyweight Squats and Lunges
3. Core Workouts: Planks, Reverse Crunches, Bicycle Crunches, Russian Twists
4. Strength Training: Dumbbell Exercises, Resistance Band Exercises, Barbell Exercises
5. Outdoor Activities: Hiking, Swimming, Cycling, Running
6. Yoga: Sun Salutations, Warrior Poses, Downward Dog, Chair Pose
7. Dance Exercise: Zumba, Salsa, Hip Hop, Bollywood
8. Pilates: Bridge Pose, Hundred, Single Leg Circles, Teaser
What exercises should I do if I’m just starting out with fitness?
2. Bodyweight Squats
6. Glute Bridges
9. Squat Jumps
10. Mountain Climbers