We all want glowing, healthy skin all year long, but sometimes it can feel like a challenging goal to achieve. Luckily, there are numerous tips and tricks you can use to help keep your complexion looking beautiful and bright. Here are six easy ways to get a radiant glow year-round:
1. Stay Hydrated
Drinking water is essential for optimal health – and a good indicator of healthy skin. A study published in the Journal of the American College of Nutrition found that drinking plenty of water can help to keep skin looking young. So make sure you’re staying hydrated by drinking at least eight 8-ounce glasses of water per day.
2. Get Moving
Exercise is an important component of a healthy lifestyle, and it also helps to keep your skin in top condition. Physical activity helps increase circulation and lymphatic drainage, which helps to remove toxins and keep skin looking vibrant. Aim to get at least 20 minutes of exercise a few times a week.
3. Opt for Nutrient-rich Foods
One of the best ways to nourish skin from the inside out is to consume a nutrient-rich diet. Food that hydrates and replenishes skin includes:
- Fruits: Berries, citrus fruits, kiwi, avocados, and papayas
- Vegetables: Spinach, kale, peppers, tomatoes, carrots, and sweet potatoes
- Healthy oils: Virgin coconut oil, and cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil
- Nuts and Seeds: Almonds, walnuts, chia, flax and pumpkin seeds
4. Skip the Sugar
Processed and refined sugars can strip skin of its natural moisture and cause wrinkles. They can also lead to inflammation and breakouts. To keep skin healthy, aim to reduce the amount of processed sugars in your diet in favor of natural sweeteners like honey, maple syrup and agave.
5. Use Sun Protection
Applying sunscreen and wearing protective clothing are two effective ways to protect your skin against UV damage. A broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 should be applied daily. Reapply sunscreen every two hours, and make sure to wear a hat and sunglasses when outdoors.
6. Invest in Quality Skincare Products
Using the right skincare products can make a big difference to the health of your skin. Invest in quality cleansers, toners, moisturizers and serums and make sure they’re tailored to your skin type. Cleansing twice a day can keep skin looking fresh and clean, and remember to use a gentle exfoliating scrub once or twice a week.
By following the tips above, you can help keep your skin looking healthy and youthful all year long!
Thank you for reading.
What are the best natural remedies for glowing skin?
1. Facial masks: Create a DIY facial mask with honey, oatmeal, yogurt, and avocado, or use store-bought masks.
2. Exercise: Exercise improves blood circulation, helping to carry oxygen and nutrients to your skin.
3. Stay hydrated: Drinking plenty of water keeps your skin hydrated and helps flush out toxins.
4. Improve your diet: Eating lots of fruits and vegetables provides you with essential vitamins and minerals that help keep your skin looking its best.
5. Use aloe vera: Aloe vera soothes, moisturizes, and helps repair skin from sun damage and acne.
6. Use a serum: Serums are products packed with concentrated ingredients that work to give your skin an extra boost of hydration and nourishment.
7. Get enough sleep: A lack of sleep can cause a variety of adverse effects on your skin, including dullness, wrinkles, and inflammation.
8. Keep stress at bay: Stress and anxiety can lead to breakouts, wrinkles, and dullness. Take the time to de-stress using meditation, aromatherapy, and exercise.
What foods help improve skin complexion?
1. Avocados: Avocados contain healthy fats and antioxidants that can help promote overall skin health.
2. Tomatoes: Tomatoes are a great source of lycopene, which can help protect against sun damage.
3. Sweet potatoes: Sweet potatoes are high in antioxidants and can help reduce inflammation.
4. Salmon: Salmon is packed with omega-3 fatty acids, which are known to help keep skin looking youthful and glowing.
5. Dark, leafy greens: Dark, leafy greens like kale, spinach, and Swiss chard are great sources of antioxidants and vitamins A, C, and E, which can help protect skin.
6. Nuts and seeds: Nuts like almonds and walnuts are excellent sources of healthy fats, which help keep the skin hydrated and plump.
7. Oranges: Oranges are a great source of vitamin C, which helps fight against environmental stressors.
Q: What foods should be avoided for better skin complexion?
A: To achieve better skin complexion, it is important to avoid eating processed and sugary foods, as well as foods high in trans fats and saturated fats such as fast food and fried food. Junk food and foods high in sugar are thought to increase inflammation in the body and lead to breakouts. It is also beneficial to avoid excessive amounts of alcohol, along with foods high in sodium, artificial additives, and dairy products. Consuming an overall healthy diet, with plenty of fruits and vegetables, is important for any skin type.