Summer is an exciting time for many reasons, but it can also be a challenging time for your skin. Luckily, there are plenty of ways to keep your skin healthy and glowing throughout the summer months — and some of the best solutions can be made from items you already have in your pantry. Check out these 7 DIY skincare routines for your summer skin needs:
1. DIY Hydrating Mask
This easy DIY mask is the perfect way to keep your skin thoroughly hydrated all summer long. Simply mix together 2 tablespoons of organic honey, 1 egg white, and 1/2 a banana until it forms a thick paste. Apply the paste to your face and leave it on for 15-20 minutes. Then wash off with warm water, and apply your favorite moisturizer.
2. DIY Coconut Oil and Sugar Scrub
For a deep exfoliation, mix together 3 tablespoons of coconut oil, 2 tablespoons of sugar, and 1 tablespoon of honey. Rub the scrub into your skin in gentle circular motions, then leave it on for 10-15 minutes. When you’re finished, wash it off with warm water and apply some moisturizer.
3. DIY Avocado and Egg Yolk Mask
Avocado and egg yolk are two ingredients that can help to keep your skin supple and hydrated all summer long. Mash 1/4 of an avocado and mix it with 1 egg yolk until you get a creamy paste. Apply the paste to your face and leave it on for 15-20 minutes, then wash off with warm water.
4. DIY Vitamin E, Honey and Aloe Mask
Combine 1/2 teaspoon of vitamin E oil, 1 tablespoon of honey, and 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel. Apply the mask to your face and leave it on for 15-20 minutes, then wash off with warm water. Finally, apply some moisturizer.
5. DIY Oatmeal Mask
This oatmeal mask is perfect for sensitive skin that tends to get irritated during the summer sun. Combine 1/2 cup of oatmeal, 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, and 1/2 cup of plain yogurt. Rub the paste onto your face and leave it on for 15-20 minutes, then wash off with warm water.
6. DIY Lemon Cleanser
For a refreshing cleanser, mix together 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of honey, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Apply this mixture to your face and let it sit for 10-15 minutes, then rinse off with warm water.
7. DIY Cooling Cucumber Toner
To give your skin a refreshing boost, try this easy cucumber toner. Start by cutting a cucumber into thin slices and put them in a blender or food processor. Add in 1 tablespoon of honey, 1/2 teaspoon of freshly-squeezed lemon juice, and 1/2 cup of plain yogurt. Blend until you have a thick paste, then apply it to your face with a cotton ball and let it sit for 15-20 minutes. When you’re finished, just rinse off with cold water.
These DIY skincare routines are easy to make and will help keep your skin feeling refreshed and healthy all summer long. With any luck, you’ll even notice a difference in your skin’s texture, clarity, and tone!
What are the best natural ingredients to use for DIY skincare routines?
1. Aloe Vera
3. Coconut oil
4. Apple cider vinegar
5. Jojoba oil
9. Witch Hazel
10. Shea butter
11. Lemon juice
14. Tea tree oil
18. Vitamin C
20. Tea bags
What are the benefits of natural ingredients for skincare?
1. Gentle and non-irritating: Natural ingredients are designed to be kind and gentle to your skin, and many of us don’t experience any irritation or allergic reactions from them.
2. Versatile: Natural ingredients can be used to treat a variety of skin conditions and can help to keep skin looking healthy, vibrant, and hydrated.
3. Potent: Natural ingredients are known for their potent healing properties and have been used as natural remedies for centuries.
4. Sustainable: Natural ingredients are often organic and sustainable, making them much better for the environment and much kinder to your skin.
5. Affordable: Natural ingredients are usually less expensive than many synthetic alternatives.
What are the best natural skincare ingredients?
1. Aloe vera
2. Coconut oil
3. Jojoba oil
5. Grape seed oil
6. Shea butter
7. Avocado oil
8. Green tea extract
9. Vitamin E
11. Apple cider vinegar
12. Argan oil
13. Chamomile extract
14. Rosehip oil
15. Rosemary extract
16. Lavender oil
17. Witch hazel
18. Tea tree oil
20. Kaolin clay
What are the benefits of natural skincare ingredients?
1. natural skincare ingredients are often gentler on your skin as compared to synthetic ingredients.
2. Natural ingredients are often rich in antioxidants and other nutrients that can help protect skin from damage.
3. Natural ingredients can work to hydrate, nourish and protect skin from environmental stressors.
4. Plant-based ingredients can help soothe irritation and provide anti-inflammatory benefits.
5. Natural ingredients can be used to create custom skincare regimens that are tailored to a person’s individual skin needs.
6. Natural ingredients do not contain harsh chemicals or other irritants that can be potentially damaging to the skin or cause allergic reactions.