Having healthy skin is an important part of self-care. Here are seven essential tips to help you on your way to glowing, flawless skin.
1. Eat Healthy Foods
Eating foods that are high in vitamins and minerals, such as fruits and vegetables, can help nourish your skin and improve its appearance. If you’re looking for snacks, opt for nuts and seeds, as they are a great source of healthy fats, proteins and oils.
2. Drink Plenty of Water
Water helps to flush out toxins and keeps your body and skin hydrated. Aim to drink at least 6-8 glasses a day.
3. Use Natural, Non-Toxic Skincare
Using natural, non-toxic skincare can help keep your skin healthy and clear. Avoid products with harsh chemicals, fragrances and dyes.
4. Get Enough Sleep
Getting plenty of sleep gives your skin the time it needs to repair itself and stay healthy. Aim for 7-9 hours of sleep per night.
5. Remove Make-up at Night
Removing your makeup before bed can help keep your skin clean and clear. Use a gentle cleanser that’s designed for sensitive skin.
6. Cleanse Your Skin Daily
Cleansing your skin every day can help exfoliate dead skin cells and remove dirt and oil. Stick to a mild cleanser and use it twice a day.
7. Use a Gentle Facial Moisturizer
Using a gentle facial moisturizer can help protect your skin from drying out and prevent wrinkles and age spots. Look for products that are free of fragrances and harsh chemicals.
Following these seven tips can help you achieve healthy, glowing skin. Healthy habits like eating right, drinking plenty of water and taking care to cleanse and moisturize your skin can go a long way in improving its appearance.
What are the best skincare routine tips?
1. Cleanse twice a day – A proper cleansing routine morning and night using oil-free, gentle cleansers helps rid pores of dirt, dirt, oil and other impurities that can lead to skin problems.
2. Exfoliate once or twice a week – Gentle exfoliation helps remove dead skin cells and reveals brighter, more vibrant skin hidden beneath.
3. Moisturize – Using the right moisturizer for your skin helps keep your skin hydrated and prevents skin from drying out.
4. Apply sunscreen – Even on cloudy days, UV rays can damage your skin so applying sunscreen daily is essential.
5. Don’t forget the eyes – The skin around our eyes is thinner and more delicate so it needs special care, use a light eye cream to keep this area hydrated and prevent wrinkles.
6. Use anti-aging products – As you age, switching up your skincare routine to include anti-aging formulas will help prevent wrinkles and keep skin looking clear and youthful.
7. Follow a regular night routine – Find a night time skincare routine that works for you that includes cleansing, exfoliating, moisturizing and using eye cream.
8. Eat a balanced diet – Your skin will thank you for feeding it lots of fruits, veggies and omega-3s.
9. Get plenty of sleep – Sleep gives your skin time to recharge and renew, so make sure you get at least eight hours of sleep each night.
10. Don’t forget your lip care – Lips can easily get dry and chapped, so keep them moisturized with a household lip balm.
1. What order should I follow when doing my skincare routine?
2. What’s the best type of cleanser for my skin type?
3. What are the best exfoliating products to use?
4. How often should I use a face mask?
5. What ingredients should I look for when buying skincare products?
1. Cleanser, Exfoliator, Toner, Serum/Moisturizer/Oil, Face Mask, Sunscreen
2. It depends on your skin type – oily, dry, combination or sensitive – to determine the best cleanser for you.
3. Chemical exfoliants with alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) and beta hydroxy acids (BHAs), or physical exfoliants like scrubs or cleansing brushes.
4. It depends on the type of mask, but generally about once or twice a week.
5. Look for natural and gentle ingredients like hyaluronic acid, retinols, antioxidants and ceramides that are tailored to your skin type.
What skincare products should I use in the morning and evening?
In the morning, start with a gentle cleanser to remove dirt and oil from your skin, then follow with a moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated. Depending on your skin type, use a serum or an antioxidant-rich toner to target specific needs such as wrinkles, dryness or dullness. Reapply sunscreen for continued protection throughout the season.
In the evening, use a more thorough cleanser to remove pollutants from the day, and any other makeup you may have been wearing. After, apply a hydrating serum or toner, followed by an antioxidant-rich moisturizer to restore your skin as you sleep. If you use any treatment products, apply them at the end of your routine.
Q. What order should I use my morning and evening skincare products in?
A. Generally, you should use your skincare products in the following order:
4. Eye Cream
3. Exfoliator (if using)
5. Eye Cream
7. Night Cream/Face Oil (if using)