The holidays can be a lot of fun, but they can also be draining to your positive energy and beauty. There’s a lot of hustle and bustle and stress, and sometimes it can be hard to keep your inner glow present and shining. But don’t worry, we’ve come up with 7 simple ways that you can stay looking young and glowing even when life gets hectic.
1. Increase Hydration Levels
Drinking lots of water each day helps to reduce puffiness, remove toxins from the skin, and hydrate the complexion, which all help to keep you looking fresh and young all holidays. Aim for 8-10 glasses of water throughout the day and keep your skin looking smooth and hydrated.
2. Take Plenty of Rest
The holiday season is often busier than usual, but try to make sure that you’re getting plenty of rest during this period. Sleep deprivation can cause the skin to become dry and wrinkled, so aim for 8 hours of sleep each night if possible.
3. Exercise Regularly
Regular exercise is not only great for helping to reduce stress levels and relieving tension, but it’s also great for maintaining skin elasticity. Aim for at least 30 minutes of activity 5-6 days each week to help keep your skin looking young and glowing.
4. Nourish Yourself
This doesn’t mean gorging on unhealthy snacks, but making sure that you are nourishing your body with lots of fresh and healthy foods. Eating a diet that is balanced with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, along with complex carbohydrates, healthy fats and lean proteins helps to provide the skin with the essential nutrients and minerals it needs to stay looking young and glowing.
5. Reign in the Stress
Holidays can often be quite stressful, so make sure that you’re taking care of your mental health, too. Incorporate relaxation techniques such as meditation, yoga, or simply taking a walk in nature, which can all help to reduce cortisol levels and improve overall mental health and outlook.
6. Protect From Sun Damage
Don’t forget to slap on the sunscreen when you’re out and about during the holiday season! Sunburns can cause the skin to prematurely age, so make sure you’re using a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 to help protect your complexion from sun damage.
7. Treat Yourself Well
Last, but certainly not least, make sure that you’re taking time out to do the things that make you happy. Whether it’s reading a book, catching up with friends, or treating yourself to a spa day, taking the time to nurture yourself will help to keep you looking and feeling young and glowing.
The holidays can be a stressful time, but with these 7 simple tips you can stay looking young and glowing all season long!
What can I do to keep my skin looking young during the holidays?
1. Wear sunscreen daily: Daily, year-round sun protection is essential for preserving your skin’s youthful appearance. Seek out a moisturizer with broad spectrum SPF in it.
2. Stay hydrated: Keeping yourself hydrated will help keep your skin looking young and plump. Opt for water or green tea instead of sugary alcoholic drinks, soda or coffee.
3. Keep stress levels low: Stress has a serious effect on our skin’s health. Do your best to set aside time for yourself and keep stress levels low during the holidays.
4. Get plenty of sleep: Make sure to get 8 hours of sleep every night. This will help regulate your cortisol levels and keep your skin looking young and healthy.
5. Eat right: Nutrient-dense, antioxidant-rich foods are essential for optimal skin health. Make sure to eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables and avoid too much sugar or fat.
6. Exercise regularly: Exercise has several benefits for the skin, including increased circulation, exfoliation, and the production of collagen and elastin, which all help to keep your skin looking young and healthy.
7. Treat yourself well: Take the time to do the things that make you happy. Whether it’s reading a book, catching up with friends, or treating yourself to a spa day, taking the time to nurture yourself will help to keep you looking and feeling young and glowing.
What age should I start using anti-aging products for my skin?
It is recommended for most people to start using anti-aging products as early as their mid-20s. This is because, by this point, collagen production has already started to slow down and skin may start to show signs of premature aging. However, it is important to keep in mind that everyone’s skin is different, so it is best to consult a doctor or dermatologist to determine the best age to start using anti-aging products.
What kind of anti-aging products should I use for my skin?
The best anti-aging products depend on your skin type, age, and budget. It’s best to speak to a dermatologist or skin care expert who can assess your skin and recommend products that are specifically suited to you. Generally speaking, most anti-aging products will contain ingredients such as retinol, peptides, alpha and beta hydroxy acids, and antioxidants. Look for products that contain natural, non-harmful ingredients whenever possible.