Skin care routine is essential to keep the skin looking and feeling healthy and young. Following simple yet effective tips can result in beautiful, glowing skin.
Cleaning your skin is key. Use a mild and gentle cleanser to remove dirt, oils and pollutants in the morning and evening.
Once or twice a week use an exfoliator, preferably a natural one. Exfoliating your skin helps to slough away dead skin cells, improve skin turnover and stimulate collagen and elastin production. Avoid using too abrasive products on your skin.
Toning your skin helps to reduce the appearance of large pores and shift lingering debris and oils. Use herbal toners for the best results.
Moisturizing your skin helps seal in hydration, protect the skin and keep it looking and feeling healthy. Use a natural and nourishing moisturizer in the morning and a night cream in the evening.
Always use a broad spectrum sunscreen with an appropriate SPF (15 or higher). Sunscreen helps protect your skin against sunburns, wrinkles and other age related damage.
6. Eye Care
The skin around your eyes is very delicate and requires special care. Apply a light eye cream in a tap-tap motion daily.
7. Face Masks
Face masks are a great way to give your skin an extra boost of hydration, refresh your complexion and target any skin concerns. Use them once or twice a week depending on your skin type and skin needs.
8. Skin Supplements
Caring for your skin from inside out is necessary for a flawless complexion. Choose natural skin supplements that contains vitamins, minerals and antioxidants to boost the skin health.
Drinking plenty of water will help keep the skin hydrated and flush out toxins. Try to drink 8-10 glasses of water daily.
Follow these simple tips and you’ll have beautifully glowing and healthy skin in no time!
What products are suitable for a skin-care routine?
7. Spot treatments
8. Eye cream
9. Face mask
10. Hydrating mist
What is a good daily skin-care routine?
1. Cleanse your face in the morning and evening with a mild cleanser.
2. Exfoliate your skin two to three times a week with a gentle exfoliant.
3. Apply a light moisturizer after cleansing to keep your skin hydrated.
4. Apply sunscreen daily, even on cloudy days.
5. Apply an antioxidant serum regularly to protect your skin from environmental damage.
6. Use a nighttime moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated and replenished while you sleep.
7. Apply a facial mask once every one to two weeks, depending on your skin type.
8. Apply an eye cream to keep the delicate skin around your eyes hydrated and protected from the damage of the sun.
9. Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water throughout the day.
What is the best skin care routine for oily skin?
1. Wash your face with a gentle cleanser twice a day.
2. Use an oil-free moisturizer to hydrate your skin.
3. Use a toner containing salicylic acid and/or glycolic acid to reduce the appearance of oil and shine.
4. Apply a clay-based face mask once per week to absorb excess oil.
5. Include regular exfoliation in your routine.
6. Avoid over-washing your skin.
7. Choose oil-free or non-comedogenic makeup and sunscreens.
8. Wear oil-absorbing sheets when your skin appears excessively shiny.
What ingredients should be avoided when following an oily skin care routine?
Ingredients to avoid when following an oily skin care routine include:
1. Comedogenic Ingredients (ingredients that cause blocked pores and breakouts): ingredients like mineral oil, lanolin, coconut oil, cocoa butter and many others can increase oiliness and cause breakouts.
2. Alcohols: although alcohols can remove oils from the skin, it can also strip away natural oils and cause dryness.
3. Artificial Fragrances: artificial fragrances can irritate skin and increase oil production.
4. Silicones: Silicones can cause build-up on the skin and clog pores.
5. Sulfates: Sulfates are used in cleansers to help remove oils and dirt, but they can also dry out skin.
What foods should be avoided when following an oily skin care routine?
1. Caffeinated beverages
2. Foods high in sugar and refined carbohydrates
3. Greasy and fried foods
4. Excessive amounts of dairy products
5. Processed meats
7. Foods high in sodium
8. Hot and spicy foods
9. Citrus fruits
11. Foods with a high glycemic index
What kind of diet is best for oily skin?
A diet with plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains is best for oily skin. Avoiding processed foods, sugary snacks, and fried foods is also important. Eating foods with plenty of antioxidants and healthy omega-3 fatty acids, like fatty fish, can also help keep skin clear. Drinking plenty of water and avoiding excess alcohol consumption can also help balance oil levels and keep skin healthy.