A Guide to Getting Glowing Skin: Top Skincare Picks for 2021
With the start of a new year comes the desire for a new you, but sometimes a few simple changes to your skincare routine is all it takes for a fresh start. This year, make achieving healthy and glowing skin your priority with these top skincare picks for 2021.
1. Facial Cleansers
A cleanser with added benefits, such as containing antioxidants, will help to remove make-up and debris while nourishing the skin. Look for a cleanser that is gentle on the skin and free of any harsh ingredients.
2. Exfoliating Masks
Exfoliating masks are perfect for helping to detoxify the skin, removing dead skin cells, and improving skin tone. Choose a mask that has more natural ingredients, such as clay, to avoid any irritation.
3. Hyaluronic Acid Serums
Serums are a great way to deliver active ingredients to the skin, and hyaluronic acid is known for its ability to increase the skin’s hydration levels. Hyaluronic acid can help to plump the skin and give a glowing complexion.
4. Retinol Products
Retinol is a great ingredient for treating acne, fine lines, and wrinkles. Opt for a retinol product with a lower concentration, as it can be more effective when used in smaller amounts.
5. Vitamin C Serums
Vitamin C can help to protect the skin from environmental damage, as well as reduce the appearance of dark spots and uneven skin tone. Look for a serum that contains other skin-loving ingredients, such as hyaluronic acid, to get maximum benefits.
Bonus: Natural Oils
Natural oils, such as almond oil or jojoba oil, are packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and fatty acids that can nourish and protect skin. Apply natural oils to the skin directly, or use as an ingredient in your face masks or serums.
Use these top skincare picks in your routine this year, and you will be sure to achieve glowing and healthy skin in no time. Good luck, and happy 2021!
What are the best natural skincare products for glowing skin?
1. Rosehip Oil: Rosehip oil is high in fatty acids and antioxidants, making it a sustainable natural skincare item with numerous benefits. It is a light oil that absorbs quickly into the skin, aiding moisturization and can reduce the appearance of scars and fine lines.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar helps to balance the skin’s pH and restore skin’s natural vibrancy. The mild acidity of apple cider vinegar can also exfoliate surface skin and reduce blemishes and acne.
3. Avocado Oil: Avocado oil is a light oil that is highly nourishing. It contains fatty acids and vitamins that can help rejuvenate skin and keep it looking healthy.
4. Aloe Vera Gel: Aloe vera is a natural anti-inflammatory and can be used to calm skin and reduce redness. Its hydrating properties help keep skin glowing and hydrated.
5. Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is a great natural moisturizer and skin softener that contains antioxidants and fatty acids. It can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and slow down the signs of aging.
What natural ingredients help to make skin glow?
1. Lemon juice: High in vitamin C, lemon juice helps to naturally exfoliate and reduce excess oil in the skin. It can help reduce the appearance of dark spots and other blemishes, as well as brighten overall skin tone.
2. Tomatoes: Tomatoes are rich in antioxidants, which can help to fight free radical damage and reduce the appearance of wrinkles, dark spots, and other signs of aging. The red pigment in tomatoes also helps to bring a healthy glow to the skin.
3. Honey: Honey is a natural humectant and helps to draw moisture into the skin. It also has antibacterial and antioxidant properties, which help to protect skin from environmental damage and infuse it with a healthy glow.
4. Turmeric: High in antioxidants, turmeric helps to reduce inflammation in the skin. It can also reduce redness and even out skin tone while promoting a healthier, brighter complexion.
5. Coconut oil: Coconut oil is a powerhouse of vitamins and fatty acids that help to hydrate, nourish and soothe the skin. It can also help to promote a healthy, glowing complexion.
What are the best vitamins for glowing skin?
Some of the best vitamins to take for glowing skin are Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin A, Zinc, Biotin, and Collagen. Vitamin C helps to boost collagen and promote skin cell turnover. Vitamin E helps to protect skin from free radical damage. Vitamin A aids in cell renewal and helps to reduce discoloration and wrinkles. Zinc is important for regulating hormone levels and supports the production of skin healthy proteins. Biotin helps to improve skin tone. Collagen is important for skin elasticity, hydration, and firmness.
What vitamins can help reduce acne?
Vitamins A, B6, C, E, zinc and selenium have all been suggested to help reduce acne. Other supplements that may help reduce acne symptoms include omega-3 fatty acids, probiotics, and antioxidants. Vitamin A helps to reduce the production of skin oils while B6 reduces inflammation. Vitamin C helps to keep skin hydrated and promote healing of acne lesions. Vitamin E works as an anti-inflammatory and helps to reduce redness. Zinc helps to boost immunity and reduce bacteria on the skin. Selenium aids in the healing of acne lesions and helps to reduce inflammation. Omega-3 fatty acids help to reduce inflammation associated with acne. Probiotics help to balance gut microbiome and prevent bacteria from spreading to the skin. Antioxidants reduce free radical damage, which can help to reduce acne-causing bacteria.