We all want to have perfect, healthy and glowing skin, but sometimes the way we take care of our skin with the products that we use can be expensive and impractical. But look no further, because with this DIY skincare regimen you can now achieve that perfect, glowing skin from the comfort of your own home!
Your DIY Skincare Regimen
Here are the simple steps to follow for your very own at-home DIY skincare regimen:
- Cleansing: Start off by cleansing the skin with a gentle cleanser. Be sure to use lukewarm water, as hot water can be damaging to the skin and cause dryness.
- Toning: After cleansing, use a toner to help balance the pH of your skin.
- Moisturizing: Finish off the cleansing process by moisturizing your skin with a moisturizer of your choice.
- Exfoliating: Exfoliating your skin once or twice a week will help get rid of dead skin cells and help unclog your pores, leaving you with fresh and smooth skin.
- Masks: Apply a face mask at least once or twice a week to give your skin a deep cleanse, hydrate and nourish your skin.
- Protecting: To keep your skin looking and feeling healthy, don’t forget to use a sunscreen, lip balm and moisturizer with additional SPF protection.
By sticking to this DIY skin care regimen you will achieve healthy, glowing skin in no time! Additionally, the ingredients that form part of this routine are not too expensive, so you can save some money while taking care of your skin.
What ingredients are best for an at-home DIY skincare regimen?
1. Cleansers: Gentle foaming cleansers or micellar water
2. Exfoliants: Physical exfoliants such as sugar, oatmeal or chemical exfoliants such as AHA/BHA or enzymatic exfoliants
3. Serums and Oils: Antioxidant serums and hydrating oils to target specific skin concerns like hyperpigmentation, wrinkles, etc.
4. Moisturizers: Water-based or oil-based moisturizers to nourish and support skin barrier
5. Sunscreen: Broad-spectrum SPF to protect skin from UVB and UVA damage
6. Masks: Sheet masks and clay/mud masks to help cleanse and hydrate skin
7. Facial Tools: Facial steamers and gua sha tools to help increase product absorption And stimulate skin Circulation.
What DIY skincare ingredients are suitable for sensitive skin?
1. Honey: Honey is an excellent anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial ingredient that is suited for sensitive skin. It can be used to soothe and moisturize the skin and can be used to cleanse, balance pH, and reduce redness.
2. Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is a great choice for reducing inflammation in skin and moisturizing, making it ideal for sensitive skin.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is high in minerals and can help soothe sensitivity and balance pH levels in the skin.
4. Aloe Vera: Aloe vera is an excellent moisturizer and can be used to reduce inflammation and redness in sensitive skin.
5. Oatmeal: Oatmeal is great for soothing and healing sensitive skin and can be used in a moisturizing face mask or scrub.
6. Tea Tree Oil: Tea tree oil is an excellent anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and antiseptic ingredient that can reduce redness in sensitive skin. However, it should be used cautiously, as it can be irritating for some.
What are the best natural ingredients to use in DIY skincare for sensitive skin?
1. Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is a natural moisturizer and anti-inflammatory, which makes it great for soothing sensitive skin.
2. Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is an effective moisturizer with anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
3. Honey: Honey naturally attracts and retains moisture, helping to keep skin hydrated and looking healthy.
4. Oatmeal: Oatmeal is a natural exfoliant, and is gentle enough for sensitive skin. It can help reduce inflammation and redness.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar has an anti-inflammatory effect, which helps to reduce redness and soothe skin.
6. Tea Tree Oil: Tea Tree oil has antimicrobial and antiseptic properties, making it great for treating acne and other skin problems.
7. Lavender Oil: Lavender oil is naturally soothing and helps to reduce irritation and inflammation. It can also help promote healing of scars and other skin issues.
What common household items can be used for DIY skincare for sensitive skin?
1. Coconut or Olive Oil- Both of these oils are very gentle on the skin, and they can be used to create a face mask.
2. Honey- Honey is a natural antibacterial and anti-inflammatory ingredient which makes it perfect for sensitive skin. It can be used alone as a face mask, or it can be combined with other ingredients such as coconut oil, olive oil, and ground oats.
3. Avocado- Avocado is a great moisturizer for sensitive skin and it helps to reduce inflammation. It can be applied as a puree to the skin directly or it can be mixed with other ingredients such as honey, coconut oil, and ground oats.
4. Oats- Oats are a natural exfoliator and they are great at calming skin irritation. Ground oats can be mixed with other ingredients to create a facial mask or scrub.
5. Aloe Vera- Aloe Vera is a natural moisturizer and it helps to reduce inflammation. It can be applied directly to the skin as a puree or gel, or it can be mixed with other ingredients such as honey and coconut oil.
6. Cucumber- Cucumber is cooling and soothing on the skin and it helps to reduce inflammation. It can be applied directly to the skin as a puree or it can be mixed with other ingredients such as yogurt, honey, and almond oil.