Having healthy, glowing skin is not only pleasing to the eye but good for your confidence as well. Achieving this beautiful look can be easy with these five steps.
Simply drinking more water is an essential component of any skin care plan. Staying hydrated helps to keep skin looking and feeling young. Aiming for 6-8 glasses of water a day will help to flush out toxins and bring an extra bounce to the skin’s appearance.
2. Eating habits
New diets and trends can be overwhelming, but the most important thing you can do is to just to eat a variety of fruits and vegetables. These options are filled with essential vitamins and minerals that contribute to healthy, hydrated skin.
3. Cleansing routine
Having a consistent cleansing routine can help skin stay looking and feeling fresh. Invest in a gentle cleanser that fits your skin type, and use it twice a day, in the morning and at night.
Find a moisturizer that works for your skin types and use it every day. Moisturizers help to lock in the hydration and protect the skin from environmental stressors.
5. Protect with SPF
Wearing SPF every day is a must for any skin care routine. The sun’s UV rays can be harmful and accelerate the aging process. Always look for a sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher for the best protection.
Following these five easy steps will help to achieve healthy and glowing skin. Incorporating these tips into your day-to-day life can help keep skin looking young and hydrated.
What home remedies can I use to get glowing skin?
1. Drink plenty of water. Keeping your skin properly hydrated is key for glowing skin. Aim to drink 6–8 glasses of water per day.
2. Use coconut oil. Coconut oil is high in fatty acids that help keep skin hydrated and glowing. Apply a thin layer of coconut oil over your face or body each day.
3. Exfoliate. Use a gentle exfoliator 2–3 times per week to remove dead skin cells, revealing brighter skin.
4. Make a honey and yogurt mask. Mix 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt, 1 tablespoon of honey, and 1 teaspoon of turmeric to make an all-natural mask. Leave it on for 10–15 minutes before rinsing off.
5. Use a banana face mask. Mash up 1/2 banana and mix it with 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of almond oil. Apply to your face for 10 minutes and then rinse off with lukewarm water.
6. Try a papaya face mask. Mash up 1/2 papaya and combine with 2 tablespoons of honey. Apply to your face for 10 minutes, then rinse off with lukewarm water.
7. Apply aloe vera. Aloe vera is a natural moisturizer that contains vitamins and minerals that can help nourish your skin. Apply fresh aloe vera pulp directly to your skin or buy an aloe vera gel.
8. Get enough sleep. Aim for 7–9 hours of sleep per night to help your skin replenish and revive.
What everyday items can I use for a natural facial?
1. Honey: Apply raw honey as a mask to moisturize and refresh skin.
2. Avocado: Mash avocado and spread it evenly over your face. Let sit for 15 minutes and rinse off.
3. Egg whites: Beat an egg white and spread it over your face for about 10 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
4. Aloe vera: Massage aloe vera into your cleansed face. Leave it on for 15 minutes before rinsing it off.
5. Cucumber: Slice cucumber and cover your face with the slices. Let the cucumber do its magic for 15 minutes before washing it off.
6. Coconut oil: Massage a small amount of coconut oil into your face. Leave it on for 10 minutes before washing it off.
7. Lemon juice: Mix equal parts lemon juice and water and apply to your face with a cotton ball. Rinse after 10 minutes.
8. Yogurt: Spread plain yogurt over your face and neck. Leave it on for 10 minutes before rinsing with cool water.
9. Green tea: Brew a cup of green tea and use a cotton ball to dab it all over your face. Let sit for 15 minutes before rinsing it off.
What natural ingredients can I use for a facial?
1. Honey – Honey contains a multitude of naturally occurring vitamins, minerals and enzymes that help nourish and hydrate skin. It also has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that can help fight acne and provide a calming sensation to the skin.
2. Aloe Vera – Aloe Vera is already a popular ingredient in skin care, and it’s easy to see why. Not only has it been proven to provide a cooling effect to the skin, but the mucilage compound found in the plant also helps moisturize and soothe irritation.
3. Coconut Oil – Coconut oil is an excellent choice for a natural treatment for facial skin thanks to its antibacterial, anti-fungal, and moisturizing properties. Its fatty acids also help seal in moisture and give skin a smooth, youthful appearance.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is a great natural astringent that is known to help remove dead skin cells and unclog pores. It can also be used as a toner to cleanse and soften the skin.
5. Avocado – Rich in fatty acids, vitamins, and antioxidants, Avocado is a great natural facial ingredient to fight aging and reduce inflammation. Its creamy texture also makes it great at providing hydration and nourishment to the skin.