The summer months are a great time to get into shape and work on staying healthy. Whether you’re a fitness geek or just starting to care about your physical wellbeing, here are ways to get started with exercise this summer.
Make a Plan
The first step to getting in shape is planning ahead. Set yourself achievable goals and decide how to work towards them. This could mean enrolling in a fitness class, signing up for a 5k run, or simply committing to 30 minute exercise sessions a couple of days a week.
Find a Workout Buddy
Working out with a friend helps to make exercising more enjoyable, and it can also add an element of accountability. Find a friend who also has fitness goals, and set a schedule to work out together either in person or through video-chat.
Set Realistic Expectations
It’s important to have an understanding that it takes time to get into shape, and results won’t appear overnight. Be kind to yourself and understand that it’s normal to have difficulties along the way. Reward yourself for hard work and effort, not solely on the basis of physical results.
Pick the Right Activities
Choose exercises that both challenge and motivate you. There are lots of activities to choose from, including:
- Weight lifting
Starting a new activity can be daunting, but don’t be alarmed: don’t shy away from asking for help if you don’t understand the technique involved.
Give Yourself Time to Rest
It’s important to not overdo it when starting a new exercise program. Give your body adequate time to rest and recover between workouts, and be sure to stay hydrated.
Be Patient and Have Fun
Start slow and gradually build up over time, and don’t forget to have fun while doing it! Make fitness a lifestyle and an enjoyable activity. There’s no need to be discouraged if you don’t reach your goals right away. Remember that it’s a journey with long-term benefits.
The summer months are the perfect time to kick-start a fitness routine and create healthy habits for the long run. With a bit of planning and dedication, you’ll be on your way to a healthier lifestyle.
Q: What types of exercise are best for summer?
A: Swimming, running, biking, and playing sports are all great exercises for summertime. Other suggestions include walking, hiking, and kayaking. To make the most out of summer, try to incorporate activities that incorporate elements of the outdoors, such as a nature trail, beach, or park. Additionally, exercises that involve the use of water can be helpful in reducing body heat, such as water aerobics, water volleyball, and water polo.
Q: What outdoor activities are good for summer exercise?
A: Some great outdoor activities for summer exercise include jogging, biking, swimming, tennis, disc golf, hiking, kayaking, stand up paddle-boarding, beach volleyball, and rock climbing. Outdoor activities like these are great forms of physical activity and can be done in groups or with friends and family. Additionally, engaging in outdoor activities can help you stay connected to nature and promote mental and emotional wellbeing.
Q: What type of exercise is best for outdoor summer activities?
A: Depending on your fitness goals and interests, there are a wide variety of outdoor summer activities that can give you a great workout. Running, swimming, hiking, and biking are all excellent cardiovascular exercises, while playing sports such as tennis, basketball, or volleyball can give you a great full-body workout. Yoga and Pilates are both excellent options as well, and can be done outside in any park or open space. Additionally, resistance training with free weights or your own body weight can be a great way to build strength and Endurance.
Q: What are some good outdoor summer activities for families?
1. Camping – this can be an enjoyable experience for all ages, with a variety of camping options, including camping in the backyard, at a state park, or at a resort.
2. Hiking – Take a scenic walk in nature to get in some exercise and enjoy the great outdoors.
3. Picnics – Have a relaxing meal in the park with friends and family, with the option of including a game or two to make it even more enjoyable.
4. Swimming – A great way to cool off in the summer heat and have some fun with family and friends.
5. Fishing – Try your luck at catching fish for dinner or to take home.
6. Gardening – Plant a kitchen garden with delicious herbs or vegetables that the whole family can enjoy.
7. Bike Rides – Take a family bike ride to explore the area and have a good time together.
8. Going to the Beach – Enjoy some sun and sand while swimming and playing beach games like volleyball or frisbee.
Q: What are some good outdoor summer activities for kids?
1. Fishing – Fishing is a great summer activity for kids, especially if you have access to a body of water. Plus, they may even catch something.
2. Geocaching – Geocaching is a great way to explore an area and find new things. Plus, kids will love the thrill of looking for something in the wild.
3. Camping – Camping is a great way for kids to explore the outdoors and get away from the hustle and bustle of city life. Plus, it’s a great way to learn how to be self-sufficient in nature.
4. Hiking – Hiking is a great way to explore nature and get a little exercise. Be sure to pick a hiking trail that’s suitable for kids and plan for plenty of snacks and breaks.
5. Farming – If your kids are interested in learning about where their food comes from and discovering their connection to nature, consider taking them to a local farm. They can learn what it takes to grow their own food and even pick a few things to take home with them.
6. Gardening – Gardening is a great summer activity for kids. They can help with planting and harvesting, water the plants and watch as things start to grow. Plus, it’s a great way to learn about nature.
7. Beach Trips – Nothing says summer like a beach trip. Help your kids learn about the ocean and beach ecology while letting them have fun in the sand and surf.
8. Picnics – Having a picnic in the park or the backyard is a great way to spend time outdoors together. Be sure to make a yummy lunch and lots of fun games.
9. Swimming – Swimming is a great way for kids to cool off in the summer heat. Consider enrolling them in swimming lessons, or just take them to a local swimming pool or lake.
10. Road trip – If you’re looking for something fun and adventurous, consider taking a road trip. Have a destination in mind and plot out a few stops along the way. If you’re feeling particularly daring, drive out to a different state.