Are you looking to get in shape, but don’t know where to start? Here are some simple habits to help you get on track with your fitness journey.
1. Meal Prep
Meal prepping is a great way to stay organized and set yourself up for success. It gives you more control over your calorie intake and helps you to make sure you’re eating nutritious meals for both your workouts and your everyday life. Meal prepping can make it easier for you to stick to a healthy diet.
2. Exercise First Thing in the Morning
If you want to make exercise a regular habit, it’s a good idea to get it done first thing in the morning. This way, you’re more likely to stick to it and you won’t have to worry about fitting it into your day. Even just a quick 10-minute workout can have a big impact on your energy levels and set you up for a productive day.
3. Find an Exercise Routine You Enjoy
It’s important to find an exercise routine that you actually enjoy. Whether it’s yoga, running, or strength training, find something that fits your interests and that you look forward to doing. That way, you’re more likely to stick to it and see results.
4. Track Your Progress
Tracking your progress is a great way to stay motivated. Take pictures, set goals, and track your results to stay on track and motivated on your fitness journey. Small victories are helpful in keeping you motivated and pushing you to keep going.
5. Don’t Be Too Hard on Yourself
When trying to get fit, don’t be too hard on yourself if you don’t stick to a plan one day. We all have off days, and it’s important to recognize that it’s ok. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and keep going.
Getting fit is a great way to feel better and be healthier, but it can be hard to stay motivated, especially when first starting out. The best way to stay on track is to find small ways to make the journey easier, such as meal prepping, exercising first thing in the morning, finding an exercise routine you enjoy, tracking your progress and being kind to yourself. With these smart habits, you’ll be well on your way to a healthier lifestyle.
What healthy lifestyle habits can I adopt to stay fit?
1. Exercise regularly – Aim for at least 30 minutes of moderate physical activity five days a week (like walking, running, cycling, or swimming).
2. Eat a healthy, balanced diet – Focus on whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, lean proteins, and healthy fats.
3. Get enough sleep – Make sure you get at least seven to eight hours a night.
4. Drink lots of water – Aim to drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water every day.
5. Practice mindful eating – Eat without distractions, be mindful of portion sizes, and focus on enjoying the experience.
6. Manage stress – Take time for yourself each day by doing something relaxing like meditation, yoga, or deep breathing.
7. Avoid smoking and excessive alcohol consumption – Both can have negative impacts on your health.
8. Make time for social interaction – Social interaction helps promote mental health, so make sure to schedule time with friends and family.
What foods should I include in my diet to stay healthy and fit?
1. Lean proteins such as skinless chicken and fish, egg whites, and plant-based proteins such as beans, lentils, and tofu.
2. Fruits and vegetables in a variety of colors to ensure you’re getting all necessary vitamins and minerals.
3. Whole grains such as oats, quinoa and brown rice.
4. Healthy fats from foods such as nuts, avocado, olive oil, and seeds.
5. Dairy products such as yogurt and low-fat cheese.
6. Healthy beverages such as water, green tea, and herbal teas.
7. Nutrient-dense snacks such as nuts and seeds, as well as fresh or dried fruit.
What are the healthiest snacks to eat to stay fit?
1. Nuts like almonds, walnuts, and cashews
2. Fresh fruits like apples, oranges, and bananas
3. Vegetables like carrots, celery, and cucumbers
4. Seeds like pumpkin, sunflower, and chia
5. Nonfat yogurt
6. Air-popped popcorn
7. Hummus with whole-wheat pita
8. Hard-boiled eggs
9. Dark chocolate
11. Avocado with whole-grain crackers
12. Trail mix with dried fruit and nuts
What snacks should I eat instead of junk food?
Snacks that are healthier alternatives to junk food include popcorn, roasted chickpeas, trail mix, whole grain crackers, apples (or other fresh fruit), hummus, guacamole, yogurt, dark chocolate, smoothies, oatmeal, nut butter and fresh vegetable sticks.
What are some healthier snacks to eat instead of chips?
1. Nuts and dried fruit
3. Hummus with carrot and celery sticks
4. Apple slices and nut butter
5. Air-popped edamame
6. Fresh fruit kabobs
7. Baked zucchini chips
8. Roasted garlic kale chips
9. Yogurt and berries
10. Trail mix
11. Veggie sticks and guacamole
12. Cottage cheese and berries
13. Dark chocolate-covered almonds
14. Sliced turkey with cucumbers
15. Roasted chickpeas
What other snacks are low in fat and high in protein?
-Nuts and Seeds