We have all felt that familiar feeling of dread when looking in the mirror after an night out and are staring into our skin with disappointed eyes. Your skin is the most important part of your appearance and taking care of it should be a priority. We certainly don’t want to be loading our skin with potentially harmful chemical-based skincare products, so looking for natural solutions that can benefit all skin types is the best way to go.
When it comes to cleansing our face, using lukewarm water and a mild facial soap should be your go-to. Avoid foaming cleansers because even though they may be marketed as being gentle, they often cause strip your skin of its natural oils. Try looking for a natural cleanser that contains various kinds of natural oils.
One of the most important steps in any skincare routine is moisturizing. Our natural moisturizers can come in many different forms, such as:
- Coconut oil – A natural moisturizing oil that also helps protect against free radicals
- Jojoba oil – Has anti-inflammatory effects and aids in restoring skin elasticity
- Olive oil – Rich in antioxidants and helps keep skin cells healthy
- Aloe vera – It helps repair the skin’s protective barrier and contains anti-inflammatory properties
These natural oils are non-comedogenic so they won’t clog your pores and can be used as part of your daily routine.
If you’re suffering from acne, one of the best natural remedies for reducing inflammation and treating outbreaks are honey, tea tree oil and apple cider vinegar.
- Honey – Contains antiseptic and antifungal properties and has been used as a traditional remedy to cure acne for centuries. You can mix 1 teaspoon of honey with 2 teaspoons of water and apply it on your face as a mask, leave it on for 30 minutes and rinse off.
- Tea Tree Oil – It is a natural astringent that helps reduce the redness and swelling caused by acne. Simply mix a few drops of tea tree oil with water and apply it to the affected area.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – It helps balance the skin’s pH levels and also acts as an anti-inflammatory agent. Make sure to dilute it with water, and apply it with clean cotton balls to the affected area.
Skincare should not be a daunting task. All it takes is a few natural ingredients, some care and attention and you can have healthy, glowing skin in no time!
What are the best natural skincare products for sensitive skin?
1. Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Hydrating Cleanser
2. Vanicream Gentle Face Wash
3. Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
4. Bioderma Sensibio H2O
5. Cosrx Hydrium Triple Hyaluronic Moisturizing Cleanser
6. Vanicream Lite Lotion
7. Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser
8. Dermalogica UltraCalming Cleanser
9. La Roche-Posay Toleriane Hydrating Gentle Cleanser
10. Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser
These natural products are designed to be gentle on sensitive skin, and are great for people that have skin issues such as eczema and rosacea. They will help to keep your skin hydrated and replenished without causing irritation. They are free of harsh chemicals and fragrances, and are designed to soothe and nourish your skin.
What are the benefits of using natural skincare products for sensitive skin?
1. Natural skincare products help to restore the balance of natural skin oils, which is particularly beneficial to those with sensitive skin since they are often prone to dryness and irritation.
2. Natural products are typically free from harsh chemicals and irritants, helping to reduce redness, inflammation and reactivity associated with sensitive skin.
3. Natural skincare products are often more gentle and nourishing than mainstream skincare products, which often contain harsh ingredients that can further irritate sensitive skin.
4. Natural skincare products commonly contain ingredients with anti-inflammatory, hydrating, and antioxidant properties, which are beneficial for sensitive skin.
5. Natural products are free from artificial fragrances and colouring, which are often irritating to sensitive skin.
What ingredients should I look for in natural skincare products for sensitive skin?
1. Natural oils, such as jojoba, coconut, almond and olive oil
2. Natural extracts, such as aloe vera, chamomile, lavender, green tea and calendula
3. Natural Shea butter
4. Natural waxes, such as beeswax or carnauba wax
5. Natural plant-extracts, such as sea buckthorn, rosemary, collagen, and vitamin E
6. Natural ingredient preservatives, such as grapefruit seed extract or honey
7. Natural emulsifiers, such as vegetable wax and emulsifying wax
8. Natural humectants, such as glycerin or hyaluronic acid
9. Non-toxic and plant-based colors and fragrances .
What are some of the best natural skincare products for sensitive skin?
1. La Roche-Posay Toleriane Ultra Dermallergenic Soothing Protective Moisturizer
2. Weleda Skin Food Original Ultra-Rich Cream
3. Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Moisturizer
4. Aveeno Ultra Calming Daily Moisturizer
5. Shea Moisture Sensitive Skin Facial Cleanser
6. CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser
7. Drunk Elephant Beste No. 9 Jelly Cleanser
8. Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA
9. Kiehl’s Dermatologist Solutions Ultra Light Daily UV Defense SPF 50
10. Tata Harper Hydrating Floral Essence