10 Habits for Healthier Skin – Living a Beauty- Conscious Lifestyle
Having healthy and beautiful skin is the result of good overall health. No matter how many over-the-counter and specialized skincare products you use, it’s impossible to maintain a healthy and glowing complexion if your body is not in good health. To maintain healthy skin, here are 10 habits to develop:
1. Drink Plenty of Water
Proper hydration is essential to healthy skin. Not drinking enough water can dry out your skin and can leave it looking dull and lifeless. Water will help to flush away toxins from the body and help your skin cells remain hydrated and plump.
2. Eat a Healthy Balance Diet
Your outer beauty should reflect what is going on inside the body. Eating a nutritious diet can leave you with a healthy and glowing complexion. Include lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, as they are packed with vitamins and minerals that can help to maintain a youthful and radiant complexion.
3. Develop an Effective Skin Care Regimen
Your skincare routine should include a face wash and moisturizer suitable for your skin type. Consider using a gentle scrub once per week to help slough away dead skin cells, and use a hydrating mask 2-3 times a week to help keep your skin hydrated and nourished.
4. Use Sun Protection
Be sure to wear a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 when you go outdoors, and reapply it every few hours. Sun damage is one of the main causes of premature aging, so make sure you are adequately protected before going outdoors, regardless of the weather.
5. Avoid Smog and Smoke-Filled Environments
Both smog and smoke can be extremely irritating and damaging to the skin. Whenever possible, try to avoid being outdoors when the air is heavily polluted. If you are living in a city with high levels of air pollution, it’s a good idea to use a face mask to protect your skin.
6. Get Enough Restful Sleep
Sleeping for at least 7-8 hours per night is essential for healthy skin cell regeneration. If you are not getting good sleep, it can lead to dull and dehydrated skin.
7. Manage Stress
Stress can wreak havoc on the skin. Too much stress can lead to breakouts and inflammations that can worsen existing skin issues. Find ways to reduce and manage your stress such as deep breathing, yoga or meditating.
8. Exercise Regularly
Regular exercise helps to improve circulation, which helps to maintain a healthy and glowing complexion. It also helps to rid the body of toxins and keep your skin cells energized.
9. Avoid Using Too Many Harsh Products
Harsh chemicals and other products can be damaging to the skin. Always look for products that are made with natural and organic ingredients and be sure to read the labels carefully.
10. Take Cold Showers
Cold showers help to close the pores and soothe the skin. Try ending your showers with a 30 second cold blast to help refresh and revitalize your complexion.
By making a few simple changes to your lifestyle, you can have healthy and glowing skin all year round. Keep these 10 habits in mind and you will be well on your way to achieving a beauty-conscious lifestyle.
What are the best natural ways to achieve healthier skin?
1. Cleanse and moisturize regularly. Make sure to use cleansers that are specifically suited for your skin type and avoid products that contain harsh chemicals.
2. Wear sunscreen and protective clothing when outdoors. Look for sunscreen that offers broad spectrum protection against UVA and UVB rays.
3. Eat a healthy diet that is rich in vitamins, minerals and other nutrients, as well as fruits, vegetables, nuts and whole grains.
4. Limit sugary treats and processed carbohydrates, as these will age skin faster.
5. Exercise regularly, as this helps to boost blood flow to the skin and increase collagen production.
6. Avoid smoking and drinking excessive amounts of alcohol, as these are both dehydrating and damaging to the skin.
7. Get enough sleep, which helps the body regenerate cells to keep skin looking healthy.
8. Take time to reduce stress and relax, as this can help to reduce inflammation that may lead to wrinkles and other signs of aging.
9. Exfoliate regularly to remove the top layer of dead skin cells and keep skin looking fresh and glowing.
10. Use natural and organic skin care products, which are gentler on the skin and can also help to improve skin texture and tone.
What foods should I eat to get healthier skin?
-Fatty Fish: Salmon, mackerel, herring, and sardines are high in omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for healthy skin.
-Nuts and Seeds: Walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, and chia seeds are packed with healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals.
-Avocado: Avocados are high in healthy fats, vitamin E, and antioxidants that help protect skin from environmental damage.
-Fruits and Vegetables: Fruits and vegetables like tomatoes, oranges, peppers, kale, and blueberries are full of vitamins and minerals that can help support healthy skin.
-Fermented Foods: Fermented foods like yogurt, sauerkraut, kimchi, and kefir contain beneficial bacteria that can help promote healthy skin.
-Dark Chocolate: Dark chocolate contains flavonoids, which are antioxidants that fight the damage caused by free radicals and help protect skin from premature aging.