Eating healthy snacks throughout the day can help you reach your dietary goals. Making simple swaps for unhealthy snacks can help you get a nutritional boost and feel energized. Here are 10 healthy snack swaps to kickstart your diet:
1. Chocolate bars → dark chocolate
- Benefits: Dark chocolate is a healthier option compared to milk and white chocolate. It is rich in fiber and antioxidants and has a lower sugar content.
2. Potato chips → popcorn
- Benefits: Popcorn is a great source of dietary fiber and helps you stay fuller for longer. It contains fewer calories than potato chips and is lower in fat.
3. Regular yogurt → Greek yogurt
- Benefits: Greek yogurt is a great source of healthy protein, calcium, and probiotics. It is thicker and creamier than regular yogurt and is lower in sugar.
4. Energy drinks → herbal tea
- Benefits: Herbal tea is a great way to hydrate and provide an energy boost. It is low in calories and contains antioxidants. Tea is also a great source of vitamin C and other essential minerals.
5. White bread → whole wheat bread
- Benefits: Whole wheat bread is higher in fiber than white bread and contains essential vitamins and minerals. It helps keep you fuller for longer and is a healthier carbohydrate choice.
6. Cookies → nuts
- Benefits: Eating a handful of nuts is a great way to satisfy cravings without packing on the calories and sugar. Nuts are also rich in essential vitamins, minerals, fiber, and healthy fats.
7. Ice cream → frozen yogurt
- Benefits: Frozen yogurt is a healthier alternative to ice cream. It contains probiotics, fewer calories, and is a good source of protein.
8. Candy → fruit
- Benefits: Fruits are a great source of vitamins and minerals. They are low in calories and contain natural sugars for a sweet, healthier snack.
9. Sugary cereal → oats
- Benefits: Oats are a great alternative to sugary cereals and provide a wealth of health benefits. They are a great source of healthy carbs, fiber, and protein.
10. Sugary juices → smoothies
- Benefits: Smoothies can be made with a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables. They are incredibly nutritious and are a great way to get essential vitamins and minerals. Smoothies are also lower in calories and sugar.
Swapping out unhealthy snacks for healthier options can help you kickstart your diet and reach your health goals. So next time you reach for a snack, remember these 10 healthy snack swaps and pick one of the healthier options.
What are some healthy snack alternatives to chips?
1. Air-popped popcorn
2. Vegetable sticks with a low-fat dip
3. Unsalted nuts
4. Roasted chickpeas
5. Hummus and whole wheat pita wedges
6. Greek yogurt and fresh fruit
7. Nut butter and fruit slices
8. Celery sticks with nut butter
9. Whole grain crackers with cheese
10. Baked kale chips
What are some healthy snack alternatives to potato chips?
1. Kale chips
4. Apples with peanut butter
5. Roasted chickpeas
6. Coconut chips
7. Hummus with raw veggies
8. Dried fruit
9. Whole grain crackers and cheese
10. Trail mix
What other snack options can substitute for potato chips?
2. Unsalted Nuts
4. Unsweetened Greek Yogurt
5. Air-popped Chips
6. Veggie Chips
7. Homemade Baked Tortilla Chips
8. Homemade Baked Sweet Potato Chips
9. Dried Fruit
10. Homemade Trail Mix
What are some healthier alternatives to potato chips?
1. Popcorn: Popcorn is a great alternative to potato chips. It’s full of antioxidants and contains 7 grams of dietary fiber per 100 grams, which helps to keep you full for longer.
2. Kale chips: Kale chips are a great substitute for potato chips. They’re crunchy, salty, and free of unhealthy oils and trans fats.
3. Dark Chocolate Chips: Dark chocolate chips are filled with antioxidants and are much healthier than traditional potato chips.
4. Hummus dip with pita chips: Hummus dip and pita chips are a great alternative to potato chips. It’s full of protein and fiber and has a much better nutritional profile than regular potato chips.
5. Fruit jerky: Fruit jerky is full of fiber, vitamins, and minerals and is much healthier than potato chips. Fruit jerky packs a sweet and salty punch that’s sure to curb your craving for potato chips.
What are some low-fat snack options?
1. Fresh fruit
2. Popcorn with seasoning
3. Veggie sticks and hummus
4. Roasted chickpeas
6. Roasted seaweed
7. Yogurt and berries
8. Homemade trail mix
9. Avocado toast
10. Nut butter and celery sticks
What are some healthy snack options for weight loss?
1. Nuts: Almonds, walnuts and pistachios are full of healthy fats and high in protein, making them an excellent snack choice for weight loss.
2. Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt is a high-protein snack that is filling and satisfying, as well as low in calories.
3. Fruit and nut butter: Apples, bananas or pears with almond butter or peanut butter can make for a flavorful and healthy snack.
4. Veggies and dip: Snack on crunchy raw vegetables, such as carrots and celery, with a low-fat dip or hummus for a snack that packs a ton of nutrients.
5. Edamame: Edamame is a great source of plant-based protein, so it’s perfect for anyone looking to lose weight.
6. Popcorn: Air-popped popcorn is a whole grain and provides plenty of fiber in a low-calorie package.
7. Hard-boiled eggs: Eggs are a great source of protein, so they make a great snack to keep you full and satisfied.