Having healthy skin and looking your best doesn’t have to require expensive beauty treatments and products. You can achieve great results at home with natural, low-cost ingredients that you probably already have in your food cupboard. Here are 10 simple tips for naturally glowing skin and a healthier beauty routine:
1. Drink Plenty of Water
The most important tip for skin health is to make sure that you stay hydrated. Water is essential for keeping your skin cells healthy and your skin looking its best. Try to get 8-10 glasses of water per day.
2. Cut down on Sugar
Sugar is damaging to the skin and causes inflammation. Cutting back on sugar and specific food items such as fizzy drinks, syrup and potatoes can make a big difference to the appearance of your skin.
3. Make Your Own Facial Mask
A regular facial mask can help to cleanse the skin and remove dirt, oil, bacteria and other environmental pollutants. You can make your own mask at home with natural ingredients such as honey, avocado, yogurt, and oatmeal.
4. Try Natural Exfoliators
Exfoliating your skin at least once a week helps to remove buildup and unclog pores, leading to a brighter complexion. Natural exfoliators such as sea salt, oatmeal and ground almonds can help to stimulate circulation and remove dead skin cells.
5. Make Your Own Toner
Purchasing toner can be expensive, but it’s very easy to make your own toner at home with natural ingredients. For example, you can combine apple cider vinegar with filtered water and apply it to your face with a cotton pad.
6. Invest in a Quality Moisturizer
Opt for natural moisturizers, and make sure that it contains shea butter and jojoba oil. These two ingredients will lock in moisture and protect your skin from environmental stressors.
7. Exfoliate Your Hands and Feet
Our hands and feet can often get neglected, but it’s important to make sure that you exfoliate them weekly. Try mixing table salt with coconut oil to make your own natural scrub.
8. Be Gentle with Your Skin
Cleansing can be beneficial to the skin, but you should always be gentle. Use soft, circular motions when applying your facial cleanser, and avoid using hot or boiling water.
9. Sleep Well
Getting enough sleep plays an important role in skin health. Make sure that you’re getting at least 8 hours of sleep per night, and try to avoid exposure to blue light before bed.
10. Use Sunscreen
It’s important to protect your skin from the harmful effects of the sun, even on cloudy days. Look for products that contain natural ingredients such as zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, and green tea extract.
Taking care of your skin doesn’t have to involve expensive products or treatments. By following these simple natural tips you can enjoy better skin and a healthier, more radiant glow.
What are some of the best natural ingredients for homemade skincare?
1. Honey: Honey is full of antioxidants and provides natural hydration. It can help to brighten skin, reduce acne, and protect skin from environmental damage.
2. Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is known for its moisturizing and healing properties. It can help to reduce signs of aging and promote skin elasticity.
3. Aloe Vera: Aloe vera is a natural anti-inflammatory that helps to soothe and hydrate skin.
4. Oatmeal: Oatmeal is an excellent exfoliator and provides natural hydration.
5. Avocado: Avocado is full of antioxidants and is a great moisturizer for dry skin.
6. Banana: Bananas are full of vitamins and minerals that help to nourish and hydrate skin.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar helps to reduce acne and can help to exfoliate skin gently.
8. Jojoba Oil: Jojoba oil is a natural moisturizer and helps to protect skin from environmental damage.
What natural oils are best for homemade skincare?
The best natural oils for DIY skincare recipes are:
1. Coconut Oil – Coconut oil is a protective oil known for its hydrating and anti-aging benefits.
2. Sweet Almond Oil – Sweet almond oil is great for moisturizing and softening the skin.
3. Jojoba Oil – Jojoba oil is good for sensitive skin because it can balance the skin’s natural sebum production.
4. Rosehip Oil – Rosehip oil is nutrient-rich and helps to promote healing and skin regeneration.
5. Argan Oil – Argan oil is great for fighting wrinkles, moisturizing, and reducing inflammation.
6. Avocado Oil – Avocado oil is known for its healing and nourishing properties. It is especially beneficial for dry, damaged, or aging skin.
What are some natural ingredients for skincare?
1. Aloe Vera
3. Coconut Oil
5. Jojoba Oil
6. Shea Butter
8. Tea Tree Oil
9. Apple Cider Vinegar
10. Rose Water
11. Lemon Juice
12. Witch Hazel
20. Essential oils
What are the benefits of using natural ingredients for skincare?
1. Natural ingredients tend to be much better for your skin in the long run. Unlike many synthetic ingredients found in some skincare products, natural ingredients can help balance the natural oils in your skin and improve its overall health.
2. Natural ingredients usually contain multiple vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants which can help promote skin health.
3. Many natural ingredients contain anti-inflammatory and soothing properties which can help keep skin looking healthy and clear.
4. Natural ingredients like essential oils can even act as aromatherapy and help create a pleasant sensory experience when you’re taking care of your skin.
5. Natural ingredients can be gentle on all skin types, including sensitive skin.
6. Natural ingredients are more sustainable and renewable than many synthetic ingredients, so they won’t deplete resources or the environment.