Starting a regular exercise routine can be intimidating and overwhelming. The key to successful exercising can be summarized in three key steps.
Step 1: Set Goals
First, it is essential to set both short-term and long-term goals. Short-term goals can involve the number of days you will be exercising, what type of activity you will do each day, or an achievable number of repetitions. Long-term goals should focus on keeping the activity progression slow, steady and safe.
Step 2: Pick Your Activity
Once goals are set, it is important to pick the right activity. Pick an activity that you enjoy and and makes you feel good. The activity can be anything from jogging, biking, swimming, and weightlifting, to yoga or pilates.
Step 3: Create a Schedule
Creating and sticking to a schedule is key to success. Crafting a plan that works for you and your lifestyle will help you stay motivated and on track. Consider the following:
- Frequency: Determine how often and for how long you will exercise.
- Time: Determine the best time each day to exercise.
- Location: Decide on the best location to exercise and if necessary, book a gym or class ahead of time.
- Days: Pick the days you will work out and make sure to give yourself days off.
Following these three steps should help you start—and stick to—a regular exercise routine. Take these steps one at a time to get closer to reaching your fitness goals. Have fun and most importantly, enjoy the journey.
What is the best time of day to exercise?
The best time to exercise depends on your individual routine and goals. Some people prefer to exercise in the early morning for an energy boost and to get the exercise out of the way, while others do better exercising in the evening after work. The key is to find a time that works best for you, and then stick with it.
What time should I avoid exercising?
It is generally recommended to avoid exercising during the hottest part of the day, usually from 11am to 3pm. Additionally, if you’re feeling especially fatigued it might be wise to take a rest day and avoid any exercise.
What are the best times to exercise?
The best times to exercise depend on a few factors, including personal preference, energy levels, and day-to-day commitments. In general, the best times to exercise are either early in the morning (before breakfast) or later in the evening (after dinner). The ideal time varies from person to person, so experimentation may be necessary to find the best time to fit your lifestyle and goals.
What are the benefits of exercising at different times of the day?
1. Improved Circadian Rhythms: Exercising at different times of the day helps to reset the body’s internal clock, or circadian rhythm, by resetting the sleep-wake cycle. This helps reduce stress and improve alertness and concentration during the day.
2. Improved Sleep Quality: Exercising at different times of the day can help improve sleep quality and duration. Exercise can help regulate melatonin, the hormone your body needs to regulate its sleep-wake cycle, resulting in better sleep.
3. Improved Productivity: Exercising at different times throughout the day can help improve focus and productivity, as well as boost energy throughout the day.
4. Improved Strength and Fitness: Various times of the day will challenge your body in different ways. Exercising in the morning may give you energy and help wake up your muscles. Exercising in the evening may help you relax and improve performance in the gym.
5. Improved Mental Health: Exercising at various times of the day has been linked to improved symptoms of anxiety, depression, and mental clarity. Exercise can help you manage stress levels, reduce negative thought patterns, and boost mood.
What are the best times of the day to exercise?
The best time of day to exercise is typically in the morning, as it helps to kickstart your metabolism and energy levels for the day. Additionally, exercising in the morning makes it more likely you will stick to your exercise plan. If you cannot fit in a morning workout, the evening can also be a good time to exercise, as it helps to clear your mind and get a better night’s sleep.
What type of exercise should I do at different times of the day?
• Morning: Aerobic exercise like jogging, running, swimming, or cycling.
• Mid-Day: Strength training exercises like squats, lunges, and push-ups.
• Evening: Stretching or yoga to help you relax and de-stress.
What time of day is best for cardio?
Typically, the best time of day for cardio is in the morning, when your body is well-rested and has the energy reserves to do your full workout. Additionally, exercising in the morning is a great way to jumpstart your metabolism and begin burning calories earlier in the day.
What type of cardio is best for weight loss?
The best type of cardio for weight loss is high-intensity interval training (HIIT). HIIT combines short bursts of intense exercise with rest periods, and is proven to be more effective at burning fat than steady state cardio.