Summers are a great time to show off your favorite looks and style what you love, but the harsh and hot weather conditions can sometimes put a damper on our glowing skin. Fortunately, with the right beauty routine and a few simple steps, you can survive the summers and look your best. Here are 5 beauty secrets to help you survive the tough summer conditions.
1. Hydrate your Skin
The first and the most important beauty secret to survive the summer weather is to make sure your skin is properly hydrated. Drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday, and incorporate light moisturizers in your daily skincare regimen. Invest in a hydrating mist and spray it through the day to keep your skin soft and supple.
2. Protect your Hair
The sun rays have a drying effect on your hair. To protect your hair, use a leave-in conditioner. You can also wear a scarf while you are out to protect your hair from direct sunlight. This will help keep your hair healthy and help it retain its natural color.
3. Choose Sunscreen Wisely
Sunscreen is the holy grail of all beauty products. Make sure that you pick the right sunscreen and use it all day, even if you are indoors. Choose a sunscreen with a minimum SPF of 30 and make sure to reapply every few hours.
4. Keep it Simple
When it comes to makeup, try to keep it as minimal as possible. The heat can make your makeup melt, so only use a light foundation, concealer and some mascara. Choose products made with natural ingredients to keep your skin safe from the sun rays.
5. Have Fun with your Face Mask
Face masks are the perfect way to relax and pamper your skin. There are many face masks available that can help you keep your skin hydrated and nourished. You can pick a face mask and apply it at least once a week to keep your skin soft and supple.
These are the top 5 beauty secrets to survive the harsh summer conditions. Make sure you follow them and take extra care of your skin during this time to keep yourself looking your best.
What are some natural beauty products to survive harsh summer conditions?
1. Sunscreen: Sun protection is key in surviving harsh summer conditions. Choose a mineral-based sunscreen with titanium oxide or zinc oxide to provide the most protection.
2. Tinted Moisturizer: A moisturizer with a hint of color helps protect the skin from the elements, while adding a touch of color to the complexion.
3. Aloe Vera: Aloe vera helps soothe and cool inflamed skin, making it perfect for hot summer days and nights.
4. Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is an amazing moisturizer that can keep the skin from drying out and cracking in the hot summer heat.
5. Facial Mist: A facial mist with rosewater or aloe vera offers a refreshing pick-me-up on hot days, while also providing some protection from the sun’s rays.
6. Lip Balm: Protect your lips with a nourishing lip balm like beeswax or coconut oil to keep them from drying out and cracking.
7. Hair Serum: A hair serum helps protect the hair from the sun and heat, while also adding moisture and shine.
8. Bronzing Cream: Fake a tan with a plant-based bronzing cream instead of baking in the sun all day.
What are some natural ingredients to make homemade beauty products to survive harsh summer conditions?
1. Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is great for cooling and calming skin that has been sunburned or exposed to high temperatures.
2. Coconut oil: Coconut oil is incredibly hydrating and can provide a protective barrier to the skin while it is exposed to the elements.
3. Honey: Honey is a natural antibacterial and antifungal agent, making it an effective way to protect and heal irritated skin.
4. Witch Hazel: Witch hazel is a natural astringent and can help reduce redness and inflammation.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is gentle enough to be used on the skin, but can help balance the skin’s pH and helps keep oil levels in check.
6. Green Tea: Green tea is packed with antioxidants that help protect the skin from free radical damage. It also helps reduce swelling and redness in the skin.
7. Shea Butter: Shea butter is incredibly moisturizing and nourishing and can help protect the skin from the sun and other harsh elements.
8. Jojoba Oil: Jojoba oil has properties that can help balance out the oils on the skin and leave it feeling refreshed. Plus, it can help lock in moisture and protect the skin.
What natural ingredients can be used to make homemade sunscreen?
-Red raspberry seed oil
-Carrot seed oil
-Essential oils like lavender, peppermint or eucalyptus
-Vitamin E oil
-Hemp seed oil
-Chamomile extract /tea
-Green tea extract
What SPF can you achieve with a homemade sunscreen?
A homemade sunscreen is likely not strong enough to achieve a high level of SPF protection. Since there is no FDA regulation of homemade sunscreen, it is difficult to determine the exact SPF offered. That said, most homemade sunscreens generally offer an SPF between four and eight.