Starting a workout plan is always a struggle, we know it’s good for us and we want to do it but we just don’t know where to begin! Here’s a list of 5 easy exercises to help kickstart your journey towards achieving your perfect fitness and health goals.
1. Jumping Jacks
Jumping jacks are a great starter for any workout plan, as they get your body ready for some easy activity. All you need to do is stand straight with your feet together, then jump and spread your feet out while raising your arms above your head and clap your hands together. Then jump and bring your arm back to your sides and come back to a standing position. This exercise helps to get your heart rate up and pumps oxygenated blood around your body.
Squats are a great way to target your lower body and help shape and tone your legs. To do a squat, start with your feet spread out just wider than your shoulders. Then sit back, as if you’re going to sit on a chair, making sure your chest and head are up with your back straight. You then come back up pushing through your heels and repeat. This exercise works your quads, hamstrings and glutes, so it’s a great all-rounder.
Push-ups are the classic upper body building exercise. Start by getting into a plank position on the floor and keep your back flat. Then lower your chest to the floor and push back up, bending your elbows as you go. It’s a great way to strengthen your chest, arms and shoulders.
Lunges are a great exercise for targeting your glutes and legs, and it’s really easy to get the hang of. To do a lunge, take a big step forward and then bend both knees, your back leg should be nearly in a kneeling position. Then, push back up through your front leg and repeat on the other side.
Crunches are a great way to target your core as it helps build your abdominal muscles and strengthens your lower back. To do a crunch, lie on your back with your feet flat on the floor and your hands at the back of your head. Then sit up, raising your chest and shoulders off the floor while engaging your core. Then lower back down and repeat.
All of these exercises are easy to do and don’t require any equipment or gym membership. Just remember to do any exercises correctly and always warm up before you exercise to avoid any injuries.
What type of exercises should I do to stay fit?
1. High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT): This type of exercise involves alternating periods of intense anaerobic activity, followed by low-intensity recovery periods. Some examples of HIIT exercises are burpees, sprints, mountain climbers, and jumping jacks.
2. Strength Training: Strength training is any exercise that uses resistance to help strengthen and tone your muscles. Examples of strength training exercises include lifting weights, using resistance bands, and even bodyweight exercises like push-ups, squats and lunges.
3. Cardio: Cardio exercises like running, biking, swimming and walking can help you improve your fitness levels and reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke.
4. Yoga: Yoga is not only a great way to relax the body and mind, but it also offers many physical benefits. Yoga can improve posture, balance, flexibility and strength.
5. Core Training: Core exercises help to strengthen the muscles in your abdomen and lower back. Core exercises can include planks, sit-ups, and crunches.
What are the benefits of staying fit through exercise?
1. Improved Cardiovascular Health: Regular exercise helps strengthen the heart muscle and can improve cardiovascular endurance, enabling the heart and lungs to work more efficiently and deliver oxygen more effectively throughout the body.
2. Lower Blood Pressure: Exercise can help lower blood pressure, reducing the risk for heart attack, stroke and other cardiovascular diseases.
3. Increased Muscle Strength: Regular exercise helps build and strengthen muscles, allowing you to perform everyday activities without becoming overly fatigued.
4. Healthy Weight Management: Exercise can help burn calories and maintain a healthy weight. This can reduce the risk of obesity, type 2 diabetes and other metabolic diseases.
5. Enhanced Mood: Exercise releases endorphins, which can help improve mood and reduce stress.
6. Improved Sleep Quality: Regular exercise can help regulate your sleep cycle, helping you to sleep better and more deeply.
7. Increased Energy Levels: Exercise can help increase energy levels, allowing you to stay active throughout the day.
8. Better Cognitive Function: Exercise can help improve focus and concentration, as well as short- and long-term memory.
What type of exercise is best for staying fit?
The best type of exercise for staying fit depends on individual goals and preferences. However, cardiovascular exercise is typically recommended for overall health and fitness as it increases the heart rate and strengthens the cardiovascular system. Examples of cardiovascular exercise include running, cycling, swimming, rowing and brisk walking. Weight training or strength training is also important for building muscle and improving overall fitness.