It is once again that time of year to get active, get outdoors and get those beach bodies back in shape. Everyone knows that exercise is important and beneficial, not just for physical health but also for mental well-being. To get you ready to hit the beaches, here is a list of the top 5 exercises you can do to jumpstart the process of shaping your summer body:
You cannot start any exercise regimen without beginning with a good push up program. Pushups are a classic exercise and can be adjusted to fit anyone’s individual needs, from beginner to more experienced bodybuilder. Doing pushups regularly will help you increase your strength, build your upper body and get you toned for the summer months.
Squats are a great exercise for toning the lower body, specifically the quadriceps, hamstrings, calves and glutes. Squats can also help you develop a core and increase your range of motion which are important factors in developing a fit body.
Burpees are a fantastic full-body workout that can help with both strength and cardio. They involve a combination of jumping, squatting and pushing which is guaranteed to get your heart rate going. They are great for those short on time, as they are fast paced and utilize your own body weight so you can do them anywhere.
The lunge is a great exercise for targeting the leg muscles. They can be used to strengthen the quadriceps and hamstring muscles in the legs and are an effective way of toning for the summer. Lunges can also help improve your overall balance which will be useful come beach season.
Planks are a great exercise for strengthening the core and stabilizing the body. They can also be adjusted to suit any fitness level, from beginners to more advanced exercisers. Plank poses are a great way to strengthen your core, tone your arm and leg muscles and get your beach body in shape for summer.
To summarize, just following these 5 Simple Exercises will help get you ready for the summer:
So get out there and start shaping your summer body!
What are the best exercises to tone legs for summer?
3. Calf Raises
5. Single-Leg Deadlifts
6. Step-Ups with Knee Raise
7. Side Lunges
8. Curtsy Lunges
9. Fire Hydrants
What exercises should I do to get toned legs for summer?
1. Lunges: Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms firmly at your sides. Step forward with your right foot and lower yourself until your thigh is parallel with the floor and your knee is bent at 90 degrees. Return to your starting position and repeat with your left leg.
2. Squats: Stand with feet shoulder-width apart and arms extended straight out in front of you. Lower your body as though you were going to sit in a chair and make sure to keep your weight in your heels. Return to your starting position and repeat.
3. Step ups: Stand in front of a box or step and place your right foot firmly on its surface. Push off with your right foot and step up onto the box, keeping your weight in your right heel. Step back down to your starting position and repeat with your left foot.
4. Calf raises: Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and arms at your sides. Slowly rise up onto your toes and hold for a few seconds, making sure to keep your abs tight and your knees slightly bent. Return to your starting position and repeat.
5. Leg curls: Lie face down on a flat bench with a dumbbell in your right hand. Lift your right leg off the bench and curl your leg up behind you, keeping your foot flexed. Return to your starting position and repeat with your left leg.
What exercises should I do to get toned arms for summer?
2. Triceps Dips
3. Shoulder Press
4. Reverse Flys
5. Biceps Curls
7. Triceps Extensions
8. Hammer Curls
9. Band Pull Aparts
10. Standing Chest Flys
What kinds of weights should I use for toning arm muscles?
The best weights for toning arm muscles are relatively light weights that you can lift for 8-12 repetitions, with a 5-10 second pause between each repetition. As you become stronger and your body adjusts, you can gradually increase the weight, or adjust the pause between reps. Some of the best exercises for toning arm muscles include bicep curls, triceps kickbacks, overhead presses, and lateral raises.
What exercises can I do to tone arm muscles?
1. Push-Ups: This exercise targets both the chest and triceps muscles and builds arm strength.
2. Tricep Dips: Position your body on a bench or sturdy chair and use your arms to lower your body down and back up.
3. Bicep Curls: These exercises target your biceps, the muscles located in the front of your arm.
4. Arm Raises: Stand in an upright position with your feet shoulder-width apart. Raise both arms out and up to shoulder level and then lower to your sides.
5. Overhead Presses: Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and raise both arms up and out until they are at shoulder level.
6. Hammer Curls: Curl each arm up to shoulder level and then lower them back to where you started.
7. Wall Push-Ups: Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and do push-ups against an immovable wall.
8. Tricep Extensions: Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and extend your arm straight up and behind your head. Bend your elbow until your lower arm is in line with your head and then press your arm back up again.