Our skin health reflects the overall health of our body. Having healthy skin is one of the most important thing to achieve, not just for the aesthetics, but for our wellbeing in general. If you want to glow from the inside out and learn how to achieve healthy skin, here are five steps you should take.
1. Get Plenty of Sleep
The amount of sleep you get affects your skin greatly. When you don’t get enough quality sleep, your skin will be dull and suffer from sensitivity, irritation and a weakened barrier. It’s important to aim for 7-8 hours of sleep each night and keep a consistent schedule so your skin can recover and repair.
2. Follow A Healthy Diet
Making sure you eat a balanced diet full of wholesome, nourishing foods is essential to improve your skin health. Strive to eat plenty of foods containing vitamins C and E, omega-3 fatty acids, iron, zinc, and selenium. Avoid processed and sugary foods that can cause inflammation, dandruff, and acne.
3. Stay Hydrated
Dehydrated skin is more prone to showing signs of aging so it’s important to drink lots of water and eat hydration-rich foods like watermelon, cucumber and strawberries. Be sure to carry a reusable water bottle with you and make sure to sip from it regularly.
4. Avoid Toxins
Toxin exposure is unavoidable but there are some steps we can take to reduce it. Try to avoid using products with toxic ingredients like parabens and sodium laurel sulfate. Also, opt for natural skincare that is free of synthetic chemicals.
5. Incorporate Exercise into Your Routine
Taking part in regular physical activity is not only good for your physical health but also your skin health. Exercise boosts circulation and helps your skin look brighter and more balanced. Plus, it’s a great way to naturally boost your mental wellbeing and de-stress.
Conclusion: Taking these five steps is a great way to improve your skin’s health and get that much desired glow from within. Ultimately, it’s about understanding your skin needs, give it the right care and understanding what lifestyle factors are influencing it.
What foods should I eat for glowing skin?
1. Fruits and Vegetables: Fruits and vegetables provide essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that can help keep skin looking alive and glowing. Try to eat a wide range of fruits, such as berries, oranges, apples, and pears as well as plenty of green leafy vegetables.
2. Healthy Fats: Omega-3 fatty acids are known for their skin-boosting properties. Consume more fatty fish, such as salmon, mackerel, sardines, and anchovies. You can also find omega-3s in walnuts, chia seeds, and flaxseeds.
3. Green Tea: Green tea is loaded with antioxidants that can help protect skin from the damaging effects of free radicals. Research shows that Polyphenols in green tea can help prevent premature skin aging.
4. Avocados: Avocados are a great source of healthy fats and antioxidants. Eating avocados can help promote younger-looking skin by helping retain moisture and increased collagen production.
5. Water: It’s important to stay hydrated throughout the day. Not only does it keep your body functioning at its best, but drinking water can also help keep skin from looking dry or dull. Aim to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.
What foods are high in antioxidants for glowing skin?
1. Berries – Blueberries, strawberries, cranberries, raspberries and blackberries are loaded with antioxidants and vitamin C that can help protect the skin from free radical damage and keep it looking youthful.
2. Avocados – Avocados are rich in monounsaturated fatty acids and antioxidants, which help to hydrate and nourish the skin.
3. Nuts – Nuts and seeds like almonds, walnuts and flaxseeds are high in vitamin E, an antioxidant that helps protect skin from damage, as well as minerals like zinc and selenium.
4. Dark Chocolate – Dark chocolate contains polyphenols, plant compounds that have antioxidant activity and may help protect skin from sun damage and premature aging.
5. Sweet Potato – Sweet potatoes are packed with skin defending carotenoids like beta-carotene, which have been linked to better skin tone and elasticity.
6. Green Tea – The polyphenols and catechins in green tea are powerful antioxidants that help boost skin health and protect it from UV damage.
What foods are good for healthy skin?
4. Sweet potatoes
6. Green tea
7. Fatty fish
12. Bell peppers
14. Citrus fruits
What vitamins are good for healthy skin?
Vitamins A, C, and E are the most important vitamins for healthy skin. Vitamin A helps to renew and repair cells while regulating the skin’s natural oils. Vitamin C helps repair skin damage and reduce inflammation. Vitamin E helps to protect the skin and encourage collagen production. Other important vitamins include vitamins B2, B3, and B12 which help keep skin hydrated, and ensure the body has enough oxygen for healthy skin cells.