You want to get ready for summer and the beach, but strength training is the last thing you want to do. But actually, focusing on strength training can help you reach your summer goals faster and more safely. Here are five strength training exercises you should incorporate in your regular workouts to help get you ready for summer.
1. Barbell Squats
Barbell Squats are one of the best exercises you can do to build strength, especially in your legs and glutes. Make sure to maintain proper form when you squat – your back should be straight and your chest should be up. Start by having your feet shoulder-width apart, then lower yourself down and then straighten your legs to stand back up.
2. Push Ups
Push Ups are a great way to target your upper body and core. Start by placing your palms of your hands on the ground, slightly wider than shoulder-width apart. Slowly bend at the elbows until your chest is close to the ground, then straighten your arms back to the starting position. Remember to keep your core engaged through the entire exercise!
3. Pull Ups
Pull Ups are another exercise that target the upper body. To do them correctly, grab a bar with your palms facing forward and slightly wider than shoulder-width apart. Pull yourself up while engaging your core until your chin is above the bar. Slowly lower back to the starting position – this one repetition.
Lunges are great for targeting your legs and glutes. To do them correctly, start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart. Then take a large step forward, bending both knees to a 90-degree angle. Push through your front heel to stand up, step your feet together, and repeat on the other side. Remember not to lock your knees at the top of the exercise!
5. Squat Jumps
Squat Jumps use explosive power to help build both strength and power. Stand in the same starting position you would use for squats, then quickly jump into the air and land with your feet shoulder-width apart and bent at the knees. Make sure to keep your chest up and land lightly – this will help protect your joints from the impact.
These are just five of the many strength training exercises you can do to get ready for summer! Incorporating them into your workouts can help you reach all your beach-body goals faster, and more safely. So get moving and get ready for a great summer.
What exercises should I do for strength training for summer?
1. Push ups
2. Pull ups
5. Dumbbell Shoulder Press
6. Dumbbell Rows
7. Dumbbell Bicep Curls
8. Tricep Dips
10. Bicycle Crunches
11. Squat Jumps
What strength training exercises should I do to stay cool in the summer?
1. Lunges – Lunges are a great exercise to keep cool in the summer, as they allow you to move your body in multiple planes.
2. Squats – Squats are an excellent strength training exercise as they help build strength and tone the entire lower body.
3. Push-Ups – Pushups are a great way to stay cool in the summer as they are low impact and only require your bodyweight for resistance.
4. Planks – Planks are a great way to target your core, which can help regulate body temperature.
5. Wall Sits – Wall sits are an excellent way to work your legs and glutes while keeping cool in the summer. All you need is a wall!
6. Swimming – Swimming is an excellent way to stay cool in the summer while getting a great full-body workout.
What are the best strength training exercises to do in hot weather?
1. Bulgarian Split Squats: This can be done outdoors with no equipment and requires very little energy while also engaging the glutes, quads and hamstrings.
2. Pushups: Again, no equipment is required and they require very little energy while also engaging the chest, triceps and shoulders.
3. Lunges: Lunges are great to do in hot weather as they utilize the whole body and require very little energy to complete
4. Pull-Ups: Pull-Ups are another great exercise that can be done with little equipment and focus on the back and arms.
5. Wall Sits: Wall sits require little energy and engage the quads, hamstrings and glutes.
6. Burpees: Burpees are an excellent full-body exercise that require little energy, making them perfect for hot weather workouts.
What exercises should be avoided in hot weather?
Exercises that should be avoided in hot weather are anything that lasts for long periods of time, activities that cause heavy sweating, and high-intensity exercises. Examples of exercises to avoid include running, cycling, and any other form of cardio. Instead, opt for low-impact exercises such as walking, yoga, and swimming. It’s also important to stay hydrated and take regular breaks when exercising in hot weather.
What temperature is considered too hot for exercising outdoors?
Most experts in the fitness and medical fields recommend avoiding exercising outdoors when the temperature is above 80–85 °F (27–29 °C). Temperatures above this can be dangerous and can cause dehydration, heat stroke, and a number of other health complications. If exercising outdoors in hot temperatures, make sure to stay hydrated and keep taking breaks, and always follow any weather warnings from local authorities.