The summer season may bring a lot of outdoor activity and heat that can be damaging to your skin. To get glowing and healthy skin, it is important to take care of your skin each summer. Here are five beauty tips to help keep your skin looking beautiful and radiant.
Proper hydration is important throughout the year, but it is especially important during the summer when you are outside in the heat and sunshine. Be sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day to keep your skin hydrated and looking vibrant.
Using sunscreen regularly and throughout the day helps to protect your skin from the sun’s damaging rays. Make sure to choose a sunscreen that protects against both UVA and UVB rays. Reapply if you are swimming or sweating.
Exfoliating your skin regularly helps to remove the layers of dead skin from the surface and expose the smoother and brighter layer beneath. Do not over-scrub your skin, as this can have a damaging effect.
Cleansing your skin regularly helps to get rid of dirt and other impurities that can clog your pores and make your skin appear dull. If you have oily skin, opt for an oil-free cleanser and if you have dry skin, look for a mild cleanser.
Moisturizing your skin is important to help keep it looking soft and supple. Look for products that contain SPF to help protect your skin from the sun as well.
- Limit makeup: While summer can be a great time to play around with makeup, it’s important to give your skin a break from time to time and let your natural beauty shine through.
- Eat healthy: Eating plenty of vegetables, fruits, and lean proteins can help you maintain glowing skin. Avoid sugar and processed foods as they can lead to dull skin and breakouts.
- Use natural masks: Applying natural face masks, such as honey or oatmeal masks, can help draw out dirt and impurities and leave your skin glowing.
By following these tips and taking good care of your skin, you can help keep your skin looking beautiful and glowing all summer long.
What are good tips for keeping skin looking healthy in summer?
1. Wear sunscreen: Make sure to apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher every day before you leave the house.
2. Stay Hydrated: Drinking plenty of water throughout the day helps your body produce natural oils that keep your skin moisturized.
3. Limit your showers: Avoid taking long hot showers in the summertime. Hot water is drying, and too much exposure to it can strip your skin of essential oils.
4. Exfoliate regularly: Exfoliating removes the dead skin cells, and helps reveal softer, smoother skin.
5. Avoid alcohol and smoking: Alcohol and smoking can dehydrate the skin, contribute to premature aging, and cause inflammation.
6. Eat healthy: Eating healthy, nutritious foods helps keep the skin looking healthy and glowing. Choose foods that are high in antioxidants, like fruits and vegetables.
7. Wear protective clothing: In addition to wearing sunscreen, wearing protective clothing like wide-brimmed hats and long sleeves can help shield your skin from the sun and keep it looking healthy.
What are some ways to protect skin from the sun in summer?
1. Wear hats or clothing with SPF to protect skin from sun exposure.
2. Wear sunglasses that block both UVA and UVB rays.
3. Use SPF 30 or higher sunscreen with broad-spectrum protection to guard against both UVA and UVB rays. Reapply sunscreen often and make sure to cover all areas of exposed skin.
4. Stay in the shade when possible throughout the day.
5. Avoid direct sun between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
6. Avoid tanning beds and sun lamps.
What are the best sunscreens to use in the summer?
1. La Roche-Posay Anthelios Mineral Ultra-Light Sunscreen Fluid SPF 50
2. Aveeno Protect + Hydrate Lotion Sunscreen SPF 50
3. Supergoop! Mineral Sheerscreen SPF 30
4. MDSolarSciences Mineral Crème Broad Spectrum SPF 50 UVA-UVB Sunscreen
5. Aveeno Positively Mineral Sensitive Skin Sunscreen SPF 50
6. Dermalogica Super Sensitive Shield SPF 30
7. EltaMD UV Physical Broad-Spectrum SPF 41
8. Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Face Sunscreen Lotion SPF 60
9. Supergoop! Everyday Sunscreen SPF 50
10. CoTZ Face Natural Tinted Sunscreen SPF 40
What SPF should I use for sunscreen in the summer?
It is recommended to use a sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher, and always apply it generously and reapply it every two hours, or immediately after swimming or sweating.
What SPF is best for summer sunscreen?
Doctors recommend using at least an SPF of 30 for optimal protection from the sun’s harmful rays. Make sure to choose a sunscreen that offers broad-spectrum protection from both UVA and UVB rays. Always apply sunscreen generously and reapply it every two hours, or immediately after swimming or sweating.
What type of sunscreen offers the highest SPF?
The highest SPF available in a sunscreen is currently SPF 100. However, it is important to remember that no sunscreen can provide 100% protection from the sun’s rays, so it is still important to use caution and avoid prolonged sun exposure.