The New Year is a great time to start a new routine. Here are a few tips to get glowing skin this Year!
1. ADOPT A HEALTHY SKIN CARE ROUTINE
Developing a skin care routine will help you maintain and achieve a healthy, glowing complexion. Utilize the following steps for best results:
- Cleanse: Choose a gentle cleanser and use it twice a day to remove impurities and dirt from the skin’s surface.
- Exfoliate: Use a chemical- or physical-exfoliant to remove dead surface cells and brighten the complexion. Avoid exfoliating too often (every other day is best).
- Tone: Using a toner helps to balance the skin’s pH levels and keep extra oils at bay.
- Treat: If you suffer from acne, dark spots, or wrinkles use a treatment product to target those issues.
- Moisturize: Always finish with a light, non-comedogenic moisturizer to keep the skin hydrated and healthy.
2. EAT SKIN-FRIENDLY FOODS
Nourish your skin with healthy and delicious foods like:
- Fruits & Vegetables: Full of vitamins and antioxidants these will work to keep your skin in great shape.
- Fish and Seafood: Foods like salmon and mackerel are packed with Omega–3 fatty acids that help keep skin hydrated and resilient.
- Healthy Fats:Swap butter for olive oil or avocado, calorie for calorie these are much healthier and do wonders for your skin.
3. ALWAYS WEAR SUNSCREEN
Protect your skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays. Use sunscreen with at least SPF 30. Make sure to re–apply periodically throughout the day, even on cloudy days.
4. GET DEMINERALISED WATER FOR CLEANSING
Demineralised water is good for your skin because it is free of any chemicals or metals. Use it to cleanse as it will not leave any residue on your face.
5. DRINK PLENTY OF WATER
Remember to hydrate your skin from the inside out by drinking plenty of water throughout the day. Try to aim for eight glasses a day for healthy, glowing skin.
By following these tips you will be able to achieve healthy and glowing skin in no time. Try sticking to your routine and see the difference for yourself!
What can I do to improve my skin in 2021?
1. Stay hydrated- Drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated and healthy.
2. Get adequate sleep- Getting adequate amount of restful sleep can help keep your skin looking youthful and radiant.
3. Cleanse daily- Make sure to use a gentle cleanser and wash your face twice a day to keep your pores clear and fresh.
4. Exfoliate regularly- Regular exfoliation can help remove dead skin cells and help reduce breakouts.
5. Use sunscreen- Wearing sunscreen daily will help protect your skin from sun damage and can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and dark spots.
6. Eat a healthy diet- Eating a diet rich in fruits and vegetables can help provide your skin with the nutrients it needs to stay healthy.
7. Reduce stress- Managing stress can help reduce acne flares and keep your skin looking its best.
8. Use retinoids- Retinoids are believed to help reduce fine lines, wrinkles and prevent breakouts.
9. Try some skin masks- Face masks can help keep your skin hydrated, nourished and reduce inflammation.
What foods should I avoid to improve my skin in 2021?
1. Refined Sugar: Refined sugar is a major source of inflammation and has been linked to a decline in overall skin health. Avoid foods such as baked goods, candy, and soda that are high in sugar.
2. Dairy Products: Dairy products contain hormones and inflammatory agents that can cause acne and other skin conditions. Consider avoiding dairy products like cheese, butter, and milk.
3. Processed Foods: Anything that has been overly processed, refined, or packaged is not good for your skin. Try to incorporate more whole, natural foods into your diet.
4. Trans Fats: Trans fats are found in many processed and fried foods like margarine and fast food. Eating them can increase inflammation and free-radical damage, which can make skin look dull and aged.
5. Alcohol: Excessive alcohol consumption is associated with dehydration, premature aging, and other skin issues. Try to limit your alcohol consumption or avoid it altogether.
What types of food are bad for skin health?
Processed foods, sugary drinks, alcohol, fried foods, and foods high in saturated fat can all have a negative impact on skin health. Eating too much of these types of foods can lead to an increased risk of acne, skin sensitivity, wrinkles, and other skin conditions or diseases. Eating a well-balanced diet that is rich in fresh fruits and vegetables is the best way to maintain healthy skin.
What are the benefits of a healthy diet for skin health?
1. Improved Complexion: Eating a healthy, balanced diet can help keep your skin looking its best. A diet filled with plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, healthy fats, high-quality proteins and whole grains can help your skin stay hydrated, provide it with essential nutrients, and help reduce inflammation.
2. Reduced Acne: Eating a healthy diet with plenty of essential vitamins and nutrients helps reduce the production of sebum, an oily substance that can block your pores, causing acne breakouts. Eating foods high in antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids might also help reduce inflammation associated with acne.
3. Slow Aging Process: Healthy eating helps keep skin looking younger by reducing inflammation and providing your skin with the necessary nutrients required for collagen production. Collagen helps to keep skin supple and firm, and an adequate amount is necessary for slowing down the aging process.
4. Increased Skin Hydration: Eating a balanced diet rich in fruits, vegetables and healthy fats can help keep skin hydrated and glowing. Even slight dehydration can leave your skin feeling tight and uncomfortable. Adequate water intake and the incorporation of foods with high levels of water are essential for maintaining healthy levels of hydration and improving skin appearance.