As we approach a new year, it’s important to begin taking better care of our skin and hair. Proper care will go a long way in keeping us looking beautiful, both inside and out. Ready to make 2020 the year of smooth, glowing skin? Take a look at our 5 tips for gorgeous skin this year.
1. Cleanse Your Skin
Regular cleansing of your skin is essential for removing build up and bacteria that can lead to break outs. Cleansers vary with skin type so it’s important to find the one that’s right for you. Whether it’s a gentle foaming wash, a creamy cleanser, or a gentle option for sensitive skin – commit to a daily routine that works for you.
2. Hydrate & Eat Healthy
It’s not just about using the right products for your skin – hydration and nutrition are two important components of beautiful, glowing skin. Make sure to drink plenty of water and include nutrients like omega-3s and fresh vegetables in your diet.
We all know that exercise is important for our physical and mental health, but it’s great for our skin too. Exercise helps to flush toxins and improves circulation. This helps deliver oxygen-rich blood to the skin’s surface and keep skin cells healthy.
4. Simmer Down
We all experience stress at some point, but taking a few minutes each day to relax and unwind is key to maintaining our skin health. Stress has been shown to cause premature aging and even lead to breakouts.
5. Be Proactive with Skin Care
Exfoliating and moisturizing are both important steps in maintaining healthy skin. Exfoliation helps to remove dead skin cells which can help to create a smooth and glowing complexion. Applying a moisturizer helps plump and soften the skin, making it look and feel better. Make sure to use a good quality moisturizer and exfoliating scrub tailored to your skin type.
Tips for Great Skin
- Cleanse the Skin – use a gentle cleanser tailored to your skin type
- Stay Hydrated & Eat Healthy – drink plenty of water and include omega-3s in your diet
- Get Regular Exercise – exercise helps flush toxins and keeps skin cells healthy
- Relax & Unwind – stress can cause premature aging and lead to breakouts
- Be Proactive with Skin Care – use exfoliators and moisturizers tailored to your skin type
With these tips and tricks, you’ll be on your way to having smooth, glowing skin in 2020. So take some time for yourself, get on a regular skin-care routine, and start the new year looking your best!
What are the best natural ingredients for glowing skin?
1. Aloe vera
4. Coconut oil
8. Apple cider vinegar
9. Jojoba oil
What are some natural remedies for glowing skin?
1. Hydrate: Drink at least eight 8-ounce glasses of water per day and use a hydrating face mask twice a week.
2. Exfoliate: Use a gentle scrub with jojoba beads or a natural sponge to exfoliate your skin weekly.
3. Coconut oil: Massage coconut oil onto your skin for a deep cleanse and moisturizing effect.
4. Eat healthy: To keep your skin looking its best, opt for foods that are high in antioxidants like viatmins A, C, and E.
5. Make a honey and oatmeal face mask: Mix together equal amounts of honey and oatmeal, spread it on your face, and leave it on for 15 minutes before rinsing it off.
6. Aloe vera: Apply aloe vera gel directly onto your skin for both hydration and skin healing.
7. Turmeric: This ancient Ayurvedic remedy can help make your skin look radiant by adding a teaspoon of it to your regular face wash.
Q: What foods are good for glowing skin?
1. Fruits and vegetables: These are rich in antioxidants, which help protect skin cells from damage and reduce inflammation.
2. Fish: Fish like salmon, sardines and mackerel are high in omega-3 fatty acids, which can help keep skin hydrated and looking plump.
3. Nuts and seeds: Nuts like almonds and walnuts, as well as seeds like flax and chia, are good sources of essential fatty acids that can help to keep skin moisturized and prevent wrinkles.
4. Green tea: Green tea is loaded with antioxidants that help protect skin cells and four skin cancer-fighting compounds.
5. Avocados: Avocados contain healthy fats that help to keep the skin looking plump, hydrated and wrinkle-free.
6. Olive oil: Olive oil is a great skin hydrator and helps to reduce inflammation.
7. Yogurt: Yogurt is rich in lactic acid, which helps to exfoliate the skin and brighten complexion.
Q: What vitamins are good for glowing skin?
A: The vitamins that are good for glowing skin are Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and B vitamins. Vitamin A helps to reduce wrinkles and skin dryness, Vitamin C repairs skin cells, Vitamin E prevents premature aging, and B vitamins can help improve skin tone, reduce redness, and give you a more even complexion.
Q: What foods are good for glowing skin?
3. Omega-3-Rich Fish
5. Fatty Acids
7. Dark Leafy Greens
12. Coconut Oil
14. Flax Seeds
16. Green Tea