Having glowing skin is one of the best ways to look and feel beautiful all year round. Luckily, achieving radiant, glowing skin isn’t as difficult as it seems! Here are 7 simple steps you can take for glowing, healthy skin:
1. Stick to a skincare routine
The key to healthy skin is consistency. Choose a simple yet effective skincare routine, and stick to it! Start by cleansing your skin twice a day, and then follow your routine with the appropriate moisturizer and sun protection.
2. Stick to natural skin products
When it comes to your skin, it’s better to stay away from chemicals. Choose natural, organic skin products that are free from harsh ingredients and allergens. Not only will this help ensure your skin is nourished and healthy, it will also help you avoid annoying breakouts and skin irritation.
3. Get your nutrients
What you eat has an impact on your skin. Make sure you’re getting enough vitamins and minerals such as vitamin E, omega-3 fatty acids, and zinc. These nutrients are essential for healthy skin, and can be found in many fruits, vegetables, and nuts.
4. Drink plenty of water
It’s no secret that water is essential for your skin health. Aim to drink 8 or more glasses of water a day to keep your skin properly hydrated. This will help flush out toxins, improve circulation, and keep your skin looking glowing and healthy.
5. Avoid the sun
Make sure to wear sunscreen every day, and stay out of the sun as much as possible. Too much sun exposure can lead to premature aging and wrinkles, so be sure to protect your skin. Invest in hats and sunglasses with UV protection and wear them when you’re out and about.
6. Exercise regularly
Exercise can do wonders for your skin. Not only does it help reduce stress, it can also enhance circulation, which can help improve skin tone and complexion. Aim for 30 minutes of exercise per day for glowing, healthy skin.
7. Get enough sleep
Getting enough sleep is essential for healthy skin. Aim for 7 to 8 hours of sleep every night, and your skin will thank you! When you get enough rest, your skin will look brighter and have a naturally radiant glow.
Overall, achieving glowing skin is easier than you think! By following these simple steps, you’ll be on your way to beautiful, glowing skin in no time.
What are the best natural ways to get glowing skin?
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Cleanse and exfoliate your skin regularly.
3. Apply a honey and cinnamon face mask.
4. Eat foods rich in antioxidants such as lemon, papaya, berries, and tomato.
5. Avoid excessive exposure to the sun.
6. Use natural moisturizers such as coconut oil and shea butter.
7. Include Vitamin C into your diet.
8. Apply sunscreen.
9. Massage your face daily with raw milk.
10. Exercise regularly.
What herbs can I use to make homemade face masks for glowing skin?
1. Calendula: Rich in anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, calendula helps to heal acne, reduce redness and bring out a natural glow.
2. Chamomile: Its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties are great for calming redness and irritation in the skin.
3. Turmeric: Turmeric is a natural antiseptic and has skin brightening properties, making it a great choice for glowing skin.
4. Rosemary: Not only is this herb packed with antioxidants and antibacterial compounds, it can also help reduce signs of aging.
5. Lavender: Lavender is known for its calming and soothing effects and helps to improve collagen levels, reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
6. Sage: This herb is packed with antioxidants that help to reduce inflammation and make your skin look brighter.
7. Aloe Vera: Packed with antioxidants, aloe vera helps to fight off free radicals and keep skin healthy.
What ingredients should I avoid when making a homemade face mask for glowing skin?
You should avoid using ingredients that are harsh for the skin, can cause irritation, allergic reactions, or any ingredient that will clog the pores. Ingredients you should avoid when making a homemade face mask for glowing skin include:
• Honey (Manuka, Red or White)
• Essential oils (eucalyptus, camphor, menthol, tea tree oil, etc.)
• Fragrances, parabens, and sulfates
• Alcohol-based ingredients
• Artificial colors or dyes
• Lemon juice and citrus fruits
• Excessive amounts of exfoliants(salicylic acid, glycolic acid, lactic acid, etc.)
• Almond or other nut-based oils and ingredients
• Baking soda , talc and other abrasive ingredients
What are some face mask recipes for glowing skin?
1. Oatmeal Honey Mask: Mix together ½ cup oatmeal, 1 tablespoon honey and 1 tablespoon of yogurt. Apply to the face, leave on for 10 minutes, then rinse.
2. Avocado and Coconut Oil Mask: Mash up half an avocado and mix it with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Apply to the skin, leave on for 15 minutes, then rinse.
3. Banana Honey Mask: Mash up half a ripe banana and mix it with 1 tablespoon of honey. Apply to the face, leave on for 15 minutes, then rinse.
4. Coconut and Yogurt Face Mask: Mix together 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt, and 2 drops of tea tree oil. Apply to the face, leave on for 20 minutes, then rinse.
5. Cucumber and Lemon Face Mask: Blend together ¼ cup of cucumber, 1 egg white, and ½ teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Apply to the face, leave on for 15 minutes, then rinse.