2020 has been a wild ride for all of us and 2021 looks to be no different. Whilst the world is still dealing with the effects of the pandemic, it is important to focus on what we can do to maintain our wellbeing and beauty despite the current circumstances. Below are 7 easy and affordable ways to help get that enviable glowing skin in 2021:
1. Eat Healthily
Let’s start with basics. Eating the right foods can play a huge role in maintaining healthy and glowing skin. Eating plenty of fruits, vegetables and proteins is an excellent way to improve your skins complexion – they are packed with essential vitamins, minerals and other nutrients. Swap out processed snacks such as chips & biscuits for healthier snacks such as nuts, seeds, fruits and vegetables.
2. Limit Alcohol & Caffeine Intake
Whilst drinking alcohol and caffeine (in moderation) is perfectly fine, drinking in excess may have a negative effect on the skin. Alcohol consumption can lead to dehydration and can cause the skin to lose its elasticity, resulting in wrinkles and dryness. Caffeine can act as a diuretic, leading to dehydration and headaches.
3. Drink Plenty of Water
Water is a great way to flush toxins from the body, while keeping the skin hydrated – a large water intake maintains a balance moisture between the cells, resulting in a healthy glow in the skin. Try to aim for around 8 glasses of water a day to stay hydrated and keep skin healthy.
4. Use Natural Skincare Products
Opt for clean, natural skincare products that are free from harsh chemicals and preservatives. Natural ingredients provide great nourishment to the skin and help maintain a healthy complexion.
5. Wear Sunscreen
Sunscreen is a must when you are going outdoors! It provides a protective barrier between your skin and the sun’s UVA and UVB rays and can prevent premature ageing and sun damage.
6. Keep Stress Levels Low
High levels of stress can lead to an increase of cortisol in the body, which can lead to an imbalanced hormone levels, resulting in wrinkles and dull skin. Relax with calming activities such as yoga or mindfulness – find what works for you and make sure to make time for it daily.
7. Get Enough Sleep
Sleep is essential for rest, recovery and skin cell regeneration. A lack of sleep can lead to dark circles and dryness, so aim to get 7-9 hours of sleep a night.
Following these 7 simple steps can help you achieve a vibrant and glowing complexion. Staying healthy and happy is key in 2021 – so keep up the good work and you’ll be sure to look and feel amazing this year!
What foods help promote glowing skin?
1. Foods high in antioxidants, such as berries, green tea, dark chocolate, and almonds.
2. Food sources of Vitamin C, such as oranges, bell peppers, and grapefruits.
3. Avocados, which are filled with healthy fats and Vitamin E.
4. Salmon, which contains omega-3 fatty acids and helps promote collagen production.
5. Tomatoes, which are a good source of beta-carotene, an antioxidant that helps protect your skin from damaging elements.
6. Walnuts, which contain selenium and can help reduce skin inflammation.
7. Water, which helps to keep your skin hydrated and healthy.
8. Yogurt, which contains probiotics for skin health.
What vitamins are good for glowing skin?
Vitamins that are good for glowing skin include Vitamin A, Vitamin C, B Vitamins (such as Biotin and Niacinamide), Vitamin E, and Vitamin K. Vitamin A helps to promote collagen production, Vitamin C helps brighten skin tone, B Vitamins can help to reduce signs of aging, Vitamin E helps protect your skin from free-radical damage, and Vitamin K helps to reduce dark circles and puffiness.
What vitamins are best for clear skin?
A healthy, balanced diet rich in vitamins A, C, and E can improve your skin and provide numerous other health benefits. Additionally, supplements of omega-3 fatty acids, zinc, and biotin may help to promote healthy skin.
What foods are good for clear skin?
2. Leafy Greens,
3. Fish and Seafood,
4. Nuts and Seeds,
7. Fatty Fish,
8. Olive Oil,
What vitamins and minerals are important for clear skin?
1. Vitamin A: This essential vitamin helps rebuild healthy skin tissue and helps skin cells to replenish quickly.
2. Vitamin C: This powerful vitamin boosts collagen production, helping to reduce wrinkles and blemishes.
3. Vitamin E: This antioxidant helps prevent signs of aging and fights collagen and elastin damage.
4. Zinc: This mineral helps control the production of oil in the skin, as well as reduces free radical damage and inflammation.
5. Selenium: This mineral helps balance oil production in the skin, preventing acne breakouts.
What foods are rich in vitamins and minerals for clear skin?
1. Salmon: Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and proteins, which can help reduce inflammation and acne. It is also a great source of vitamin D and selenium, both important for skin health.
2. Walnuts: Walnuts are a good source of zinc, vitamin E, arginine, and selenium, which together can help reduce inflammation and skin damage.
3. Avocados: Avocados are rich in healthy fats and vitamin E, both of which can help protect the skin from damage and keep it hydrated.
4. Sweet Potatoes: Sweet potatoes are full of beta-carotene, which your body converts to vitamin A, helping to keep your skin hydrated and protected from damage.
5. Kale: Kale is full of essential vitamins and minerals, including vitamin A, C, E, and K. These nutrients can help reduce redness, improve skin tone, and prevent wrinkles.
6. Carrots: Carrots contain high levels of beta-carotene, which helps protect against sun damage and boosts cell regeneration.
7. Citrus Fruits: Oranges, lemons, limes, etc. are packed with vitamin C, which helps protect the skin from UV damage and sunburns. It is also a good source of antioxidants, which can help prevent premature aging.