Having healthy, glowing skin makes us feel more confident and beautiful. However, in order to have that, we need to make it a habit to do the right skincare routines. There are a few key components to having healthy skin that you should be aware of:
– Pick a mild cleanser that is suitable to your skin type
– Wash your face thoroughly with lukewarm water twice a day
– Avoid harsh cleansers, aggressive rubbing and heavy scrubbing
– Exfoliation removes dead skin cells and helps in unclogging the pores
– Recommend to use either a scrub or an exfoliating machine.
– Avoid over exfoliating as it may cause skin damage.
– Serum is used to rehydrate skin and make it appear more plump and smooth
– Look for an anti-aging or hydrating serum that contains hyaluronic acid or vitamin C
– Apply to skin twice a day to get optimum results.
– Hydration helps to keep the skin soft and supple
– Use a good moisturizer that works for your skin type
– Replace heavy oil-based moisturizers with water-based ones
– Tone helps to balance the skin’s pH levels
– Use a toner with glycerin and hyaluronic acid for hydrated and smoother skin
– Apply it to slightly damp skin with a cotton ball or pad
6. Sun protection
– Sunscreen helps to protect from sun damage such as sunburn and fine lines
– Look for a sunscreen that is SPF 30 and higher and has UVA/UVB protection
– Apply generously to the face, neck and other exposed areas
7. Hydrating and calming masks
– Use hydration masks that contains ingredients like aloe vera, hyaluronic acid and honey
– Utilize calming masks with ingredients such as oatmeal, chamomile, green tea or oat kernel
– Apply face masks once a week to give your skin an extra boost of hydration and nourishment.
Following these routines consistently and having the right products, you will soon notice the changes on your skin and have the glowing, healthy skin that you’ve always wanted!
Do you have any tips for having glowing skin? Share your thoughts with us below!
What are the best products for glowing skin?
1. Cleansers: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser, Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash
2. Exfoliants: Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant, Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment, Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant
3. Serums: The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%, Mario Badescu Vitamin C Serum, Paula’s Choice Clinical 1% Retinol Treatment
4. Moisturizers: First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream, Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Lotion, CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion
5. Face Masks: Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask, Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment, Dr. Jart+ Brightening Infusion Hydrogel Mask
6. Sun Protection: Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen, EltaMD UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF 46, La Roche-Posay Toleriane Double Repair Face Moisturizer SPF 30
7. Hydrating and Calming Masks: Caudalie Moisturizing Mask, Fresh Rose Face Mask, Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask
What skin care products should I use for glowing skin?
1. Sunscreen: Make sure to always wear sunscreen with at least an SPF of 30 or higher to protect your skin from UV rays.
2. Vitamin C Serum: Vitamin C helps fight free radical damage and helps to boost collagen production.
3. Retinol: Retinol helps to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines while also evening out skin tone.
4. Hyaluronic Acid: Hyaluronic acid acts as a humectant, drawing moisture into the skin and plumping the surface.
5. Face Mask: Using a face mask once or twice a week can help to revive tired, dull skin and leave it feeling revitalised and glowing.
What products should I use for oily skin?
1. Cleanser: Avoid harsh cleansers that strip away too much oil and dry out your skin. Look for cleansers with ingredients such as salicylic acid, glycolic acid, and tea tree oil, which help to deep cleanse pores, combat oiliness, and prevent acne without overdrying.
2. Toner: Toners can help balance pH levels, reduce the appearance of oily skin and shrink the size of your pores. Look for ingredients like witch hazel, green tea, or salicylic acid which work to remove any excess oil and keep skin looking matte.
3. Moisturizer: Don’t skip this step! Even if your skin is oily, it is important to keep it hydrated to prevent further oil production. Look for lightweight oil-free moisturizers specifically formulated for oily skin.
4. Exfoliator: Regular exfoliation is essential for keeping your skin free from excess dirt and oil. Choose natural exfoliants such as jojoba beads or fruit enzymes which gently remove any buildup without irritating your skin.
5. Sunscreen: Make sure to wear sunscreen to protect your skin from harmful UV rays. Look for non-comedogenic formulas with an SPF of at least 15.
What is the best moisturizer for oily skin?
The best moisturizer for oily skin is an oil-free, lightweight, water-based moisturizer that won’t clog pores. Look for labels that say “non-comedogenic,” meaning it won’t clog your pores. A mattifying moisturizer can also help reduce shine. Look for products containing hyaluronic acid or glycerin, which help bind moisture to the skin without any greasy feeling.