We’ve all heard the same message on health and diet: eat better. But what does “better” mean, exactly? It’s no secret that what we eat is a major factor in our overall health, so it’s important to make sure we are eating the right type of food. Here are 7 simple foods that can be easily added to your diet for improved health.
Yogurt is an excellent source of probiotics, which can help with digestion and boost immunity. It’s also a great source of protein and calcium, making it a perfect snack. Choose full-fat Greek yogurt, which has more beneficial fats than the low-fat or fat-free versions.
Avocado is a great source of healthy fats, which can help to reduce inflammation and increase energy levels. It’s also high in fiber and a variety of nutrients, making it a great addition to almost any meal.
Berries are packed with antioxidants and other nutrients, making them a great snack or addition to a meal. Choose a variety of colors for maximum benefit.
4. Beans and Legumes
Beans and legumes are an excellent source of plant-based protein. They’re also high in fiber and a variety of other nutrients, making them a great addition to any diet.
Nuts are high in healthy fats, protein, and fiber. They make a great snack and can be easily added to salads or other meals.
6. Leafy Greens
Leafy greens, such as spinach and kale, are packed with vitamins and minerals. They’re also low in calories, making them a great addition to any meal.
7. Whole Grains
Whole grains, such as oats and quinoa, are an excellent source of fiber and other nutrients. They make a great base for salads, soups, and other dishes.
Eating healthier doesn’t have to be complicated. Incorporating these 7 simple foods into your diet can help to improve your health and well-being.
“What are some healthy snacks to replace junk food?”
– Air popped popcorn
– Nuts and seeds
– Plain Greek yogurt
– Apple slices with nut butter
– Trail mix
– Hummus with vegetables
– Celery sticks with peanut butter
– Fruit and nut bars
– Kale chips
– Avocado toast
– Roasted chickpeas
What are some simple healthy snacks for kids?
1. Fresh fruit, such as apples, bananas, oranges and grapes
2. Air-popped popcorn
3. Whole grain crackers or pretzels
4. Roasted nuts
5. Cheese and whole-grain crackers
6. Yogurt smoothie
7. Vegetable sticks with hummus dip
8. Chia pudding
9. Apple slices with nut butter
10. Frozen whole wheat waffles with yogurt And berries
What are some healthy snacks for kids on the go?
1. Trail mix with a combination of nuts, dried fruits and whole grain cereal.
2. Freeze-dried fruits.
3. Whole-grain crackers with natural peanut butter.
4. Fruit and yogurt smoothies.
5. Apple and almond butter slices.
6. Celery and hummus.
7. Greek yogurt with granola.
8. Popcorn with a sprinkle of nutritional yeast.
9. Whole-grain oat bars.
10. Nut or seed bars.
What are some ideas for packable snacks for kids?
1. Trail mix
3. Apple slices with nut butter
4. Celery with peanut butter
5. String cheese
6. Handful of nuts
7. Carrot sticks
8. Granola bars
9. Fruit leather
10. Yogurt-covered raisins
11. Whole wheat crackers with nut butter
What snacks should I pack for school lunches?
-Fruit such as apples, bananas, and oranges,
-Vegetables such as baby carrots, celery, or cucumber slices
-Cheese and crackers
-Granola or cereal bars
-Nuts and Seeds
-Hummus and pita
-Hard boiled eggs
-Whole grain muffins or bread
-Turkey or tuna sandwich
What kind of healthy snacks can I pack for school lunches?
-Apple slices and peanut butter
-Yogurt with berries
-Crunchy granola bars
-Whole wheat crackers with hummus
-Hard boiled eggs
-Veggie sticks with guacamole
-Ants on a log
-Fruit and granola mix
What snacks can I pack that are nut free for school lunches?
1. Fresh Fruits and Vegetables (carrots, celery, apples, bananas, grapes, etc.)
4.Hummus with GF Crackers
6.GF Rice Cakes
7.GF Chips and Salsa
8.GF Wraps with Meat/Veggies
9.Yogurt with GF Granola
10.Rice Cake Sandwiches – PB & J, Banana & Honey, etc.
11.GF Bagels with Cream Cheese
12.Veggie Sticks with Hummus
13.GF Bread and Jam
20.GF Graham Crackers
What types of lunch box snacks do not contain nuts?
-Veggies and dip
-Tuna or salmon salad wraps
-Hummus and pita bread
-Hard boiled eggs
“What snacks can I pack in a lunch box that are nut-free?”
1. Cheese, crackers and grapes
2. Celery sticks with cream cheese
4. Frozen yogurt bites
5. Pita chips and hummus
6. Egg, tuna or chicken salad sandwiches
7. Sunflower seed butter and jellysandwiches
8. Fruit cups
10. Veggie straws
11. Carrot and celery sticks with dip
12. Chicken or turkey wraps
14. Plain potato chips
15. Rice cakes with jams or jelly
16. Pudding cups
17. Trail mix without nuts