Do you want to achieve glowing skin without spending money on expensive beauty products? Look no further than your pantry for all the ingredients you need to craft your own DIY skin care routine! Here are some steps to help you on your way to achieving a radiant complexion:
Step 1. Cleanse
Start your routine with a simple but effective cleanser. Mix baking soda and honey until you have a paste consistency. It’s gentle enough to be used on all skin types and it’s great for removing dirt and excess oil. Use it to exfoliate and keep your skin clean while keeping it hydrated!
Step 2. Hydrate
Hydrating your skin is of utmost importance. Your DIY moisturizer can be customized depending on what your skin needs. If you have dry skin, try mixing equal parts olive oil and honey. For combination and oily skin, try combining some drops of rosemary oil and almond oil in a almonds oil base. Use the front of your hands to massage the moisturizer onto your skin for an extra boost of hydration and natural relaxation.
Step 3. Treat
Now it’s time to give your skin a little extra TLC. You can make your very own DIY face mask with just a few ingredients. Here are some options:
Milk and banana masks:This mask is perfect for any skin type. Mash up a ripe banana and mix it with some natural and organic milk. Let the mask sit on your face for 20 minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water. Avocado and honey masks:Avocado is packed with healthy fats and healing properties. Just mash up half an avocado and add a tablespoon of honey. Leave it on your face for 15 minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water. Yogurt and honey masks:Yogurt is great for nourishing the skin. Mix 2 tablespoons of yogurt with one tablespoon of honey. Leave it on your face for 30 minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water.
Step 4. Protect
The last step of your skincare routine is to protect your skin. To make a DIY facial sunscreen, combine equal parts of almond oil and beeswax. Then add a few drops of carrot seed oil and lavender oil. The combination of these oils will help protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays.
These are the four steps to crafting your own DIY skin care routine for glowing skin. Start slowly and customize the steps depending on what your skin needs. With all natural ingredients and a few extra supplies you’ll be on your way to having beautiful and glowing skin in no time.
What type of skin do I need to have for a DIY skin care routine?
The type of skin you have will influence the type of skincare routine you should have. To determine your skin type and what skin care routine would work best for you, it’s important to look at your skin’s texture, oiliness, sensitivity and other characteristics. The most common skin types are dry, normal, combination, and oily. Knowing the skin type can help you choose a customized routine including the right cleanser, moisturizer, SPF and toner.
What products are best for DIY skin care routines?
1. Cleanser- choose one that is suitable for your skin type.
2. Toner- helps to balance the skin’s pH levels, prevent bacteria and make up for moisture.
3. Moisturizer- hydrates and nourishes the skin.
4. SPF– shields from environmental damage.
5. Cleansing Mask- helps to draw out dirt and debris from within pores.
6. Exfoliant- gently slough away dead skin cells.
7. Serum- contains nourishing, targeting ingredients.
8. Lip Balm- keeps lips hydrated and soft.
9. Eye Cream- helps to reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
10. Aloe Vera Gel- soothes inflamed skin and provides a cooling sensation.
What are some DIY skin care recipes?
1. Coconut Oil and Honey Mask: Mix 2 tablespoons of coconut oil with 1 teaspoon of honey and apply it to your skin, leave it on for 15 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
2. Turmeric Face Mask: Mix 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder with 1 teaspoon of honey and enough milk to make a paste. Apply it to your face and leave it on for 10-15 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water.
3. Oatmeal and Yogurt Face Mask: Mix 2 tablespoons of oatmeal with 1 tablespoon of yogurt and apply it to your face, leave it on for 20 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
4. Papaya and Avocado Mask: Mash up 1/2 a papaya and half of an avocado, then apply it to your skin and leave it on for 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
5. Honey and Lemon Face Scrub: Mix 2 teaspoons of honey and 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice and apply it to your face as a scrub, massage for a few minutes and then rinse with warm water.
What ingredients do I need for DIY skin care recipes?
2. Aloe vera gel
4. Coconut oil
5. Almond oil
7. Essential oils
8. Fresh fruit, vegetables and herbs
9. Plain yogurt
10. Shea butter
11. Jojoba oil
12. Coffee grounds
13. Brown sugar
14. Apple cider vinegar
16. Baking soda
17. Lemon juice
18. Turmeric powder
What types of oils are commonly used in DIY skin care recipes?
1. Almond Oil
2. Coconut Oil
3. Jojoba Oil
4. Avocado Oil
5. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
6. Castor Oil
7. Grapeseed Oil
8. Argan Oil
9. Hemp Seed Oil
10. Rosehip Seed Oil
11. Walnut Oil
12. Sunflower Oil