The current coronavirus pandemic has brought with it many challenges and lifestyle changes, like social distancing and self-quarantine. With the lack of physical activity, many men and women alike are finding it difficult to stay physically fit during this time. Here are some helpful tips for men on how to stay fit during quarantine:
1. Make an exercise plan
Creating a simple daily exercise plan is a great way to ensure you’re staying active and healthy during this difficult time. Consider activities that you can do at home, like:
- jogging on the spot,
2. Eat healthy
To stay fit, it is essential to maintain a balanced diet. Health experts recommend eating natural, unprocessed foods as much as possible and avoiding junk food. Add plenty of fruits and vegetables to your meals, and snack on those too.
3. Drink a lot of water
As men need more water than women, staying hydrated is a must for maximum health. Try to drink at least 8 glasses of water daily to prevent dehydration and keep your body functioning properly.
4. Get enough rest
Sleep is incredibly important for maintaining overall health and fitness. Aim to get a minimum of seven to eight hours’ sleep in order to get the rest your body needs.
5. Get outdoors
If you have the opportunity, heading outdoors can be a great way to stay fit. Go on walks, runs or bike rides to stay active and enjoy some fresh air.
By following these tips and staying active, you can remain fit and healthy during a time that can often lead to decreased physical activity and poor health. Make sure to stay positive and look after yourself throughout this time.
What kind of exercises can men do to stay fit during quarantine?
1. Bodyweight exercises – Push-ups, pull-ups, sit-ups, squats, lunges, plank holds and other variations of classic bodyweight exercises can all help keep muscles strong and joints flexible while at home.
2. Stair workouts – See how many flights of stairs you can safely climb up and down. If you don’t have access to stairs, you can also do calf raises with your own bodyweight.
3. Jogging – Go out for a run or a jog in your neighborhood. If you can’t get outside, consider doing a treadmill workout at home.
4. Weightlifting – Be sure to use proper form and follow any safety requirements when using weights.
5. Resistance bands – This type of exercise is great for improving strength and flexibility while also being gentle on your joints.
6. Yoga – Exercise the mind and body by focusing on your breath and stretching your muscles.
7. High-intensity interval training (HIIT) – Get your heart rate up with a series of short, intense exercises followed by periods of rest or low-intensity movements.
8. Dancing – It doesn’t have to be fancy – just have fun!
What exercises can men do to get a full body workout at home during quarantine?
1. Bodyweight Squats: Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, then lower down until your thighs are parallel to the ground, and then return to the standing position.
2. Push-Ups: Get into plank position and lower your body down until your chest lightly touches the ground. Then press back up to the starting position.
3. Burpees: Begin standing, then drop into a squat, place your hands on the ground, kick your feet back into a plank position, do a push-up, then jump your feet back into a squat position and finally stand up
4. Lunges: Stand with your feet together. Step forward with one leg, lower your hips until both knees are bent at a 90-degree angle, and then return to the standing position.
5. Mountain Climbers: Start in a plank position with your hands directly under your shoulders. Then, bring your right knee towards the opposite elbow, pause, then return to the starting position. Repeat the same with the other leg.
6. Plank: Get into a push-up position, lower your forearms to the ground, tuck your toes and hold the position for as long as you can.
7. Wall Sit: Stand with your back against the wall. Slide your back down the wall until your thighs are parallel to the ground and hold the position for as long as you can.
8. Jumping Jacks: Stand with your feet together and arms at your sides. Simultaneously jump your feet apart while bringing your arms up above your head. Reverse the movement and return to the start position.
What kind of equipment do I need to get a full body workout at home during quarantine?
1. Adjustable dumbbells
2. Resistance bands
3. An exercise mat
4. Pull-up bar
6. Jump rope
7. Push-up bars
8. Medicine ball
9. Balance ball
10. Olympic barbell and weights
What type of exercise can be done at home for a full body workout?
There are many different types of exercises that can be done at home for a full body workout. Examples include jumping jacks, burpees, bodyweight squats, push-ups, mountain climbers, lunges, crunches, planks, sprints, and Russian twists.