With the current times cause stress, worry, and instability in our lives, it can be hard to focus on taking care of ourselves. However, our well-being is a priority, and self-care can help with combatting negative feelings and staying healthy. Here are some tips to keep in mind while trying to distress during times of change:
- Make sure to carve out some time in your day dedicated to thinking through your emotions. This can be done through writing, talking to a friend, or journaling.
- Take regular breaks during the day to reset and give yourself some space to relax.
- Figure out what works best for you. Whether that’s reading, painting, or any other hobby, do it!
- Make sure to take days off too. Resting is essential, especially when doing too much can be easy to do when stressed and overwhelmed.
- Exercise and staying active is incredibly important to help manage stress. Find something that you enjoy doing.
- Eat healthy and nutritious foods. This will help keep both your body and mind healthy.
- Keep up with personal hygiene habits such as showering regularly and brushing your teeth to promote a better mood.
- Limit your caffeine and alcohol consumption. Too much can be detrimental to your mental health.
- Talking to people you trust is helpful in relieving stress. A good conversation can do wonders in keeping your spirits up.
- Reduce your time on social media. Too much use can be counterproductive and cause more worry.
- Be mindful of what you expose yourself to. Reading the news can sometimes be overwhelming so limit it if necessary.
- Find a community or group to join whether it’s for games or for speaking about your worries. It can be cathartic to have a safe environment to connect with others.
Self-care is extremely important for both everyday and especially during hard times. It is necessary to take time to address both our physical, mental, and social needs. Trust in the process. We can get through difficult times.