Having flawless skin requires an investment of time, effort, and care. While taking advice from your dermatologist is essential, there are some practices you can incorporate in your everyday life to get the glowing skin you’ve always dreamed of. Follow these 10 simple steps for happy, healthy skin.
Cleansing needs to be done twice a day for those with normal-to-oily skin and once a day for those with sensitive or dry skin. Use gentle cleansing agents that are specifically designed for your skin type. Don’t forget to follow up with a moisturizing face wash.
Exfoliation helps remove dead skin cells and dirt. Doing this once or twice a week can make a big difference in the way your skin looks and feels. While it might be tempting to scrub too hard, be gentle when exfoliating to avoid causing any damage to your skin.
It is essential to always use a sunscreen with a minimum SPF of 15. Don’t forget to re-apply regularly if you’re spending time outdoors. Also make sure to wear sunglasses and a hat to protect your skin from the sun’s harsh rays.
Your skin needs to stay hydrated, so make sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day. The recommended amount is 8 glasses per day, but it’s always best to check with your doctor on what’s right for you.
5. Eat right
Eating healthy plays a big part in having healthy skin. Try to limit foods high in sugar and salt and focus on eating plenty of fruits and veggies.
6. Reduce stress
Stress can have a huge impact on your skin. Take time to relax and de-stress with activities such as yoga, reading, or deep breathing exercises.
7. Get enough sleep
Sleeping for at least seven to eight hours a night is essential for healthy skin.
8. Use gentle products
Choose products that are suited for your skin type and avoid harsh chemicals.
9. Change your pillowcase
Your pillowcase accumulates oil, dirt, and sweat, so it’s best to change it on a regular basis.
10. Limit makeup
It can be tempting to wear heavy makeup and go to town with your foundation, but it’s best to keep it light to avoid clogging your pores.
By following these simple tips, you’ll be well on your way to getting the perfect skin you’ve always wanted. Remember to stay consistent and patient, and don’t be afraid to ask your dermatologist for advice if needed. Soon enough, you’ll see the results you’ve been waiting for.
What are the benefits of a good skincare routine?
1. Clear and healthy looking skin: A good skincare routine helps clear away dirt, dead skin and excess oils. It also helps promote cell turnover which can help the complexion look brighter and healthier.
2. Reduce wrinkles and fine lines: Deep cleansing and exfoliating are important components of a good skincare routine. By removing the dead and dry skin cells, the skin looks smoother and wrinkles and fine lines become less visible.
3. Protect against sun damage: Wearing sunscreen and antioxidants daily can protect your skin from harmful UV rays and environmental damage.
4. Balance skin tone: A good skincare routine can help balance out uneven skin tone by correcting redness, dark spots and discolouration.
5. Reduce inflammation and irritation: Moisturizing and using products with calming ingredients can help to reduce inflammation, itching and irritation.
6. Delay signs of aging: Consistently moisturizing and exfoliating can help slow down the signs of aging by keeping the skin firm and supple.
What products should I include in my skincare routine?
5. Eye Cream
7. Facial Mask
8. Sunscreen /SPF
9. Retinol or Retinoid Products
What steps should I include in my skincare routine?
1. Cleansing: Use a gentle cleanser suitable for your skin type once or twice daily to remove dirt, oil, and dead skin cells.
2. Toning: Use a toner to help balance the skin’s pH levels, remove last traces of dirt/oil, and prep pores for absorption of creams and serums.
3. Exfoliation: Use a gentle exfoliating scrub or mask 1-2 times per week to remove any dead skin cells and leave skin even and smooth.
4. Moisturizing: Choose a moisturizer based on your skin type and apply it morning and night to keep your skin hydrated and supple.
5. Protection: Use a broad spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher every day to protect your skin from sun damage and premature aging.
6. Treatment: Consider regular use of an eye cream, serum, or overnight mask to address particular skin concerns such as wrinkles, dark spots, or acne.
What products should I use in my skincare routine?
1. Cleanser: Choose a gentle cleanser that is suitable for your skin type.
2. Exfoliant: Exfoliate your skin at least twice a week to remove the buildup of dead skin cells.
3. Tone: Tone your skin to restore its pH balance and refresh it.
4. Serum: Use a serum to help combat wrinkles and other signs of aging.
5. Moisturizer: Apply a moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated and supple.
6. Sunscreen: Wear a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15 to protect your skin from the damaging effects of the sun.